Speranza - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Chery

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Do you own/plan to own a Chinese car ?
Yes 1 33.33%
No, but looking into it. 1 33.33%
No 1 33.33%
No and Absolutely Out of the Question. 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
cryptonx

Default Chery " Speranza " assembelled in Egypt this month

A Huge surprise to the Chery Dealer here , I have no idea how this deal go took shape

the Chery dealer is called CIG , and they currently IMPORT AND SELL only , The Chery Windcloud ( As Chery A11 ) , the QQ and the Chery A15 ( Flagcloud ) .

A couple of weeks we heard about a rumor of AboulFotooh ( former BMW dealer and importer ) is preparing to assemble a Chinese car in Egypt .

so it was nothing new , since the Brilliance Galena is now being produced in BMWs factories here .

but the funny thing is its a CHERY model ,
Called Chery Speranza , Apparently its the Oriental Sun but with some new twsists and modifications .

THe only photo available is in a newspaper and its covered , now alot is showing but it says SPERANZA and has the Chery Automobile logo on the FULL PAGE advertisment .

I will try to get a scan/picture as oon as possible .

No idea about the price/features yet , unless " A whole new sensation " is considered a feature
cryptonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
AXLE

Could this be the B12 as seen in this picture?

AXLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
cryptonx

I wish its this one but the image they posted in the newspaper is from a SIDE view not a prespective one , so I can't really tell

Old 08-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #4
m14

Default heres some more info guys

China-made Chery sedan to be assembled in Egypt

Chinese carmaker Chery Automobile announced on Tuesday in Cairo that the assembling lines of Chery sedan were officially kicked off in Egypt with the cooperation of an Egyptian car company.

The lines were under the cooperation with Chery's Egyptian partner Daewoo Motors Egypt (DME), a former partner of GM Daewoo Auto and Technology Co., Chery's vice-president Zhou Biren said at a press conference.

Chery's two car types, A5 with a 1.6-liter engine and A6 with a 2.0-liter engine, would be produced in Egypt in the forms of CKD, or completely knocked-down, and SKD, or semi-knocked-down, Zhou said.

He said that DME was expected to have an annual capacity of 25, 000 units in the initial stage, which could be further raised to 50,000 units in the future.

Chery signed the agreement of strategic partnership with DME in November 2005, shortly after the latter ended cooperation with the world known automobile manufacturer GM Daewoo.

According to the agreement, DME would pay for the use of Chery's technologies and brand while Chery would provide technological support and car parts for DME.

The assembled Chery cars would be sold in Egypt under a new name of Speranza, which DME said meant hope.

Officials with DME said that Speranza was set to win Egyptian car buyers with high quality and favorable prices.

Chery, which was set up in 1997 in central China's Anhui province, has made great success in both Chinese market and overseas market.

Statistics released by the Chinese embassy in Egypt indicated that Egypt has imported some 1,700 Chery's cars by the end of 2005.

Source: Xinhua
m14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:15 AM   #5
fmohiy

does anybody know if the engines used are acteco engines(the new chery engines) or the same old 1.6 engine used in A11??
fmohiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
m_a_gamal

Smile

The 1.6 engine is the new ACTECO, the 2.0 is the mitsubishi 4G63
The 1.6 is coming with manual transmission and the 2.0 is coming with automatic tiptronic trans.
The cars will be available in the showrooms next Friday as they told in the company when I called them.

The 1.6 price is 59,900 LE which is about 10,000 $
The 2.0 price is 99,900 LE which is about 17,000 $
(Very comepetetive prices if compared with others)
I believe that the 1.6 model is the A5, and the 2.0 model is the Eastar B11,
the cars will be sold under the brand name Speranza, I think to not conflict with Chery brand which has been distributed by another company (A11 and QQ).
m_a_gamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #7
cryptonx

wow , now I regret not waiting for this

I love the A5
damn it
Old 08-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
hazik

You love this car

they didn't have it when you bought the Fiat. BTW, what happened to your crashed Fiat? can you trade it in for a A5
hazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:51 AM   #9
fmohiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_a_gamal
The 1.6 engine is the new ACTECO, the 2.0 is the mitsubishi 4G63
The 1.6 is coming with manual transmission and the 2.0 is coming with automatic tiptronic trans.
The cars will be available in the showrooms next Friday as they told in the company when I called them.

The 1.6 price is 59,900 LE which is about 10,000 $
The 2.0 price is 99,900 LE which is about 17,000 $
(Very comepetetive prices if compared with others)
I believe that the 1.6 model is the A5, and the 2.0 model is the Eastar B11,
the cars will be sold under the brand name Speranza, I think to not conflict with Chery brand which has been distributed by another company (A11 and QQ).
can you please tell me what are the full list of options in the 1.6 and 2.0 cars? i may buy one on the spot when they arrive.
fmohiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #10
cryptonx

At Hazik

I fixed my Palio , its back in perfect shape now , No I can't replace it , I am paying it with Installments not cash .

AT Fmohiy

The 1.6 is not yet confirmed to be the A5 , so Dont get ur hopes up , its going to be VIEWABLE in all aboulfotouh galleries tommorrow .

the features are :

1.6 ACTECO ENGINE ( no info about HP )
Manual
ABS / 2 Airbags
CD/Cassette
4 Electric Windows /
Trip Computer / RPM
Centeral Lock
Alarm / Remote key

3 years waranty or 100,000 KM
59,000 LE

I think this car will outselll EVERY car in egypt ! if it was the a5 !!!
I mean the cURRENT chery dealer sells the basic OUTDATED A11 for 58,000 ! a higher version for 64,000 and a LONG version for 69,900 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement