China Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Singapore,

Does anyone have any info on the VM Caddy look-alike?

Read in our local papers that a 东风 Caddy will be entering our market.

Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know what he means, it looked like an old Vauxhall van thingy. Its actually not a bad looking vehicle. Im looking for a link, it doesnt seem to be on the Dongfeng site.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Im pretty sure I know what he means, i just cant find it. It didnt look like a Vauxhall van, but it certainly has a Vauxhall Corsa front on it.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
CTC did that Sabre have a Wuling badge? Because it's not from SAIC's Wuling minivan operation, but rather from its Yizheng plant.

I like to call it one of the "Yanzi River Utility Vans". It seems the same company around Nanjing (on the Yanzi) may produce those van bodies for both SAIC and NAC. See NAC's utility van below, called the You Ni Ge (Unique) 优尼柯 . The similarity is strong.

Front cab is different of course with Nanjing using one derived from the Seat Ibiza.

These vans are great for deliveries and such.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
dragin said:
CTC did that Sabre have a Wuling badge?
I saw it out of the corner of my eye when I was in a cab one day, I remember it looked like a Opel Corsa from the front and noted it had a black/white circular badge, like what Dongfeng uses. I guess I was wrong. If I see it again, ill take a closer look :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts