China Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
17,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Nissan Teana is a front wheel drive mid-size automobile produced by Nissan of Japan, introduced in 2003. Powering the Teana is either 2.3 or 3.5 liter engine which matches to the automatic transmission. Trim levels are 230JK, 230JM, 230JS, and 350JS.
In the People's Republic of China, the Teana is manufactured by the Dongfeng Motor Company, a joint venture with Nissan.

Dongfeng Nissan Teana:

pre-facelifted model:

·
Administrator
17,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dongfeng Nissan to produce engines for TEANA vehicles.

January 31, 2008 – Dongfeng Nissan will not longer import VQ engines for Nissan TEANA vehicles from Japan, instead, these engines will be locally produce in China, Nissan vice president Yasuaki Hashimoto said.

Originally VQ engine was scheduled to be locally produced by July of 2008, however it has been postpone to 2009, according to company sources.

The Nissan 3.5-liter VQ V6 engine has been named to the annual Ward's 10 Best Engines list for the 11th straight year by Ward's Communications, Inc.

Dongfeng Nissan is joint venture automaker between China’s Dongfeng Group and Japanese automaker Nissan Motor. The joint venture has one plant in Xiangfan, Hubei province and another plant in Guangzhou. The joint venture produces 7 Nissan vehicle models and currently TEANA is only the model whose engine has to be imported from Japan.

Last year, Dongfeng Nissan produced and sold 37,803 TEANA vehicles, a big decrease from the 45,629 in 2006.
source: Gasgoo.com

Teana 200JK:
http://che168.car.autohome.com.cn/pic/model_2631.htm

·
Administrator
17,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dongfeng Motor recalls 4,945 Nissan Teana sedans in China.

Dongfeng Motor Co. is recalling 4,945 Nissan Teana sedans due to muffler problems, China's product safety regulator said on its Web site.

The welding of the mufflers on affected cars may be faulty, which could lead to corrosion and cause the muffler or rear exhaust pipe to fall off, China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine said in a statement Wednesday.

Teana sedans are made and sold in China by a 50-50 joint venture between Dongfeng Motor Group Co. (0489.HK) and Nissan Motor Co. (NSANY). The recall affects cars made from April 9 to June 13, 2007.
source: Dow Jones

·
Registered
807 Posts
Dongfeng Motor recalls 4,945 Nissan Teana sedans on the mainland

Mar. 27, 2008 (China Knowledge) - Dongfeng Motor Co<789> will recall 4,945 Nissan Teana sedans in the Chinese mainland market for quality concerns, according to a statement released on General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine's website. The statement said the mufflers of the vehicles produced during April 9, 2007 and June 13, 2007

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: 2003 Nissan Teana

hi there..i recently bought a nissan teana 2004 230JM from japan...i see that in the photo's it's almost the same audio console only mine has tv and dvd navigation...only problem is it's in japanese...is there any way to change the language..to english or can anyone help me with a english layout of the audio/tv console?

tnx a million

Edson

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: 2003 Nissan Teana

its a very sweet car...i liked the model where the exhaust tips show better than mine..(not showing) under the rear bumper..and i really like to know what the audio/tv deck is capable of...any help??? anybody???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts