China Car Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
cryptonx said:
well wether you like it or hate , your american fellow Malcom Bricklin will bring chery to the US sooner or later , and you will be forced to see Chery new models running in the street you live in , I advise you to suicide before you see that " SHAMELESS " day !

dear lord , have pitty on our friend , and dont let him die by shock .

Just a question of curiosity Whatver ur name is , if you do have one
What car are you driving right now ?

I currently Drive a 95 Toyota Corrolla , My bros 99 Golf GTi
and My sisters Chery QQ 1.1 Automatic ( which btw she didnt die for over 2 years and she didint go to the mantiance for and she didnt even change a single spare parts , unless you consider adding a spoiler to the car is a spare part ).

cryptonx are you from Egypt?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Admin said:
yes, he posted in another thread he is from Egypt and was planning to buy a geely, but last minute didnt

So what car did he buy? a used 95 toyota corolla?

I think that guy that bought Chery QQ EZdrive yesterday fmohiy is from Egypt too. this guy cryptonx could answer his questions since his sister drives a QQ ezdrive too.

·
Registered
772 Posts
My sisters Chery QQ 1.1 Automatic ( which btw she didnt die for over 2 years and she didint go to the mantiance for and she didnt even change a single spare parts , unless you consider adding a spoiler to the car is a spare part ).
So the fact broke down only after two years? Totally unacceptable in the US market.

I don't think Chinese auto companies are particularly dumber.
China doesn't only make cars
Mechanical design/fabrication and eletronics are totally difficult. It takes decades of experience to put together an engine that will last 200K miles(320K) or more.

we also make rockets and spaceships.
Replicas of Russian tech.

Like it or not, in the long run Chinese products are gonna rock, we'll see.
Toyota quality does not come from Toyota; it comes from individual Toyota suppliers who supply quality parts to Toyota.

As of now, China doesn't have an automotive component industry(Hence the need to import 60% of parts from outside of China), and a few Chinese suppliers in business lack quality mind set. It will take a decade or more to build a competitive automotive component industry.

Chinese car is not ready to hit the world market until Chinese component industry is ready to compete with Japanese on quality.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
So the fact broke down only after two years? Totally unacceptable in the US market.

Mechanical design/fabrication and eletronics are totally difficult. It takes decades of experience to put together an engine that will last 200K miles(320K) or more.

Replicas of Russian tech.

Toyota quality does not come from Toyota; it comes from individual Toyota suppliers who supply quality parts to Toyota.

As of now, China doesn't have an automotive component industry(Hence the need to import 60% of parts from outside of China), and a few Chinese suppliers in business lack quality mind set. It will take a decade or more to build a competitive automotive component industry.

Chinese car is not ready to hit the world market until Chinese component industry is ready to compete with Japanese on quality.

I can't believe you want to talk about componennt industry, the Hyundai automobile has such a bad reputation in dealing with the component suppliers in China. Some guy that I know actually worked with Hyundai which he described as a bounch of jerks who raised the standard of quality insanely high that the Korean suppliers themselves are not able to pass in order to block each and every Chinese part component supplier which is supposed to replace the original Korean some year after Hyundai went into China, according to the initial contract.

Replicas of Russian tech? is it that easy to copy? why don't you guys launch one and prove it that facile? I can't stand yer double standards, it's way beyond pathetic. Your shameless claim is so very typical Mr.KiMCHI.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I can't believe you want to talk about componennt industry, the Hyundai automobile has such a bad reputation in dealing with the component suppliers in China. Some guy that I know actually worked with Hyundai which he described as a bounch of jerks who raised the standard of quality insanely high that the Korean suppliers themselves are not able to pass in order to block each and every Chinese part component supplier which is supposed to replace the original Korean some year after Hyundai went into China, according to the initial contract.
Well, Hyundai competes with Toyota for the title of king of quality in the US nowadays, so they have a "quality" reputation to keep. If they didn't keep their quality that high, they would go bankrupt with their 10 year/100K warantee. They just cannot relax their quality rules in China.

I am really afraid Chery will be forced to early US market exit because of warranty claims.

Replicas of Russian tech? is it that easy to copy?
Still a copy.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Continuing with quality issue discussion, here is a quote;

http://www.ftd.de/karriere_management/business_english/63897.html

However, there are still quality concerns about Chery's cars. According to JD Power, the car consultancy, the QQ generated 30 per cent more problems than the Spark last year. When Chery starts selling in the US, nothing could scupper its brand name more quickly than persistent quality complaints.
Daewoo is known for crappy quality and Chery is even 30% worse than Daewoo. That makes Chery pretty much "unsellable" in developed markets.

You were wondering why Hyundai was so obsessed with quality; it is an issue of life or death for them; poor quality means they will be forced into bankruptcy by warranty claims. So Hyundai was forced into the position of offering top quality because of their long warranty program.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Well, Hyundai competes with Toyota for the title of king of quality in the US nowadays, so they have a "quality" reputation to keep. If they didn't keep their quality that high, they would go bankrupt with their 10 year/100K warantee. They just cannot relax their quality rules in China.

I am really afraid Chery will be forced to early US market exit because of warranty claims.
but i still will never buy a Hyundai.....

Real_I_Hate_China said:
Still a copy.
Can you copy one for me? :lol:

·
Registered
481 Posts
at I hate china bla bla

First of all , I DIDNT SAY IT BROKE AFTER 2 YEARS
The car is 2 years old ( TILL TODAY ) and it hasnt BROKE DOWN even since 2 years means that it didnt break down ever !

I didnt mean that it broke down after 2 years ..

It still working perfectly fine and very very very successful and popular in Egypt especial for girls and thier price is umatched

starts at $7500 .

the closest Supermini or small hatchback is the Suzuki alto which costs $10,000 , Perodua Kelisa $10,000 , Fiat UNO Fire , $10,000

A friend of mine bought a chery A11 a year ago , he did 42,000 KMs so far and the car hasnt gone for service yet ...

the only thing that he complains is the noisey engine when he goes beyond 100km/h but its pointless cuz the speed limit in EGYPT here , is 100 km/h .

my dads toyota has been to the service for like 1000000000 times costing almost 3/4 of its price so far , from dead batteries / tyres / stupid automatic gearbox bla bla bla ..

at Hazik

Yes I am from Egypt, I have no idea about the EZ drive thing , I use the Automatic gearbox , I dont like Steptronic or whatever its called .

the Corrolla 95 is my dads , but I use it alot , but I want my own car

Currently I am very very confused between a 1.3 Italian/Brazilian Fiat Palio VS the Chery A11 , both are sold for the same price .

·
Registered
450 Posts
Import 60% of the parts? Hyundai maybe, because Korean parts are so cheap. Why? Because of patriotism - Hyundai said 'let's build a national economy, let's build cars, give me the parts cheap for the pride of Korea'. So the Korean parts makers have terrible margins, but get by because of a relatively high volume (5million cars) across a very narrow range - basically 2 manufacturers with well rationalised platforms.

Most of the VW's in China are over 90% localised, Chery probably more than this.

Component industry is huge in china - not just chinese suppliers, international companies are shutting operations in high cost countries and moving to china. Component industry won't be a thing to hold the chinese back.

Difficulty at the moment for China is lack of consolidation - lots of makers, lots of models, not many models built in really big volumes. Which is why they are looking to add export markets.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Component industry won't be a thing to hold the chinese back.
Read Honda's "Chinese auto parts quality sucks hard and we must import or purchase from Japanese owned suppliers in China a full 90% of components to build a simple compact cars that are export-worthy" rant posted in the general thread.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Component industry is huge in china - not just chinese suppliers, international companies are shutting operations in high cost countries and moving to china. Component industry won't be a thing to hold the chinese back.
So you never heard of Honda and Hyundai complaining about unavailabilty of quality components in Chinese market.

Sure, there are lots of parts makers making cheap knock-off parts; but very few can actually produce anything that are suitable for Chinese market, much less export markets.

Difficulty at the moment for China is lack of consolidation - lots of makers, lots of models, not many models built in really big volumes. Which is why they are looking to add export markets.
It will take decades before China forms a competitive component industry. Until then, Chinese auto exports are held back by a lack of quality locally sourced parts; all critical parts must be imported at great expense, making China a place as expensive or more expensive than Japan to assemble an export-grade vehicle.

·
Registered
450 Posts
mate, japanese or other foreign owned suppliers in china are part of the chinese component industry.

these companies are not signing up to your personal anti-china war, they are in china, so they are part of the chinese auto industry. they sell their parts to anybody who needs them, be they japanese, korean, western, chinese, whatever.

if there are no decent parts makers in china, why are all the OE makers setting up purchasing offices in shanghai to buy parts and ship them back to their own country for assembly.

moving component production to china has been resisted to some extent by western companies because of the pain and cost of closing operations in their home countries, but it's happening now, they need to do it to remain competitive and cut costs. look at how many US component firms are now operating under chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

hyundai and honda might bitch a bit about the component supply, but these are two of your heralded ace vehicle manufacturers that we should be buying from. now you want to say they are dumb enough to set up plants where they can't economically build vehicles because there is no component supply base.

of course I am more into engine parts, you the man for CHASSIS, maybe that's different, certainly I have German shocks and springs and japanese tyres on my chinese motor now and it's running a lot better for it, although I haven't spent the full 500m USD on development yet so I expect your Matiz probably handles a lot better.

·
Registered
450 Posts
decades to set up? the majority of vehicle components can be produced within 2 years from greenfield by a properly managed technology transfer program and that's for precision parts such as are found in the engine. as far as I'm aware, most of the CHASSIS parts are less technically demanding and could be made quicker. Although of course we can't overlook the development of said CHASSIS which is very involved and costs 500M USD.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.