China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
At least............

This is still kind of "funky"....................but at least it's better looking than their new minivan!!!!:nod:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Agreed............

gr8 said:
i think its more of function rather than fasion

Actually, this new Karry kind of appeals to me..........in a strange kind of way. I just can't get into the look of the new Chery minivan (the V2??....I don't remember) though..........that bulge/hump in the top of the van over the front seat area is just UNSIGHTLY to me. Of course, this is just my opinion....I'm sure there are some of you here that might like that look, and I respect that. For example, I really LIKE the look of the new QQ6......and yet some of my friends here in Nanning just look at it and scream "UGLY!!!!!"......to each his own.

Once again, Chery has come with a new, unique kind of look with the Karry - and I'll bet it will sell pretty well.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
IPR - Shmy Pee Are

Karry?

Isn't that the name of a Suzuki model under its IPR, and spelled with a C.
Suzuki's JV partner Chang'an makes that model in Chongqing I believe. It's called the Carry.

Looks like Chery is growing bolder by the day.

·
Registered
507 Posts
This car looks funny on US roads, but in Europe, where funny/weird looking cars rule, this will fit right in. In fact, I've seen many cars on my trip to Europe (just last month) that looks just like it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
dragin said:
Karry?

Isn't that the name of a Suzuki model under its IPR, and spelled with a C.
Suzuki's JV partner Chang'an makes that model in Chongqing I believe. It's called the Carry.
Here's the Suzuki Carry...

I'm not sure of the Changan version's name, if it even has one. All I see on the back of most of the Suzuki-licensed microvans in China is a code number.

They should have called the Chery Kaddy. It would be a rip-off of the nicknames of two GM vehicles - Chevrolet and Cadillac, and of the VW Caddy, all at once!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well Admin, when I saw the car in Wuhu I thought: this is a great car for the Chinese farmers, as the trunk is enormous, and you can take 7 passengers or a massive load. My Chinese friends laughed at it and told me that no one in China would buy a car like that. Thinking about my dogs in France I thought it would be handy to have there a car like that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah! Erik's back!:thumb:

So, did you read my latest article on Pyeonghwa? Did I say anything wrong?

How about my new mystery car? Do you know what it is?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Re: 2007 Chery Karry

A new Karry flatbed will be launched this year with some slight differences. a redesigned cab for one will be a new feature. also the entire design has undergone the minitruck look with the Chery badge being replaced by the simple blue Karry oval. Prices, engines and other specs have yet to be introduced with a possible announcement from Chery that the Karry will be marketed overseas as well as launching Karry as a different brand.

And by the way, it isn't unusual for other companies to use names that other companies uses. Front reminds me of late nineties Nissan Primera.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts