China Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only 364 days to go and the olympic program will begin in Beijing. In 8th day of August in year 2008 at 8.08 PM in the evening. That's 08.08.08 and 08.08 o'clock. Eight is a lucky number for China and I hope that this huge event will bring good publicity for China and help to get better reputation. China has invested tens of billions of dollars to make this an unforgettable event. I wish all goes well. :)

Here is the official website:

http://en.beijing2008.cn/

·
Registered
507 Posts
It's gonna be great!

Though, expect azzholes to try to ruin it - such as the CIA backed Falung Gong cult, and US backed "free Tibet" morons. Western media is not going to be kind too. Expect all kinds of segments on "big bad red China"... :nono:

If all these crap comes true, China should back a "free Hawaii" movement, and support the rise of American Indians to overthrow the whites :lol:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah, there will be all sort of problems ahead. Taiwanese might think it's a good idea to held a vote for independence during the olympic games. They rely on that China wouldn't cancel the games and make a conflict in front of huge international attention.

Other 'nightmare scenario' is this 'genocide olympic' movement. China wisely backed off a little in Sudan and let the UN have it's mission there. There will be other publicity stunts from the Chinese as we come closer to the date.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i just came back from beijing, when it was the 1 year count down untill olympics.

from what i see it looks like beijing is ready, streets are clean, the main stadium is almost done.

only problem i see(other than political) is the weather, the crazy heat may cause a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts