China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
17,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2008 Honda Fit

Guangzhou Honda to sell new Fit by second half.

April 24, 2008 - At the Beijing auto show (Auto China 2008), Guangzhou Honda Automobile Co also announced its plan to begin selling the all-new Fit by the second half of this year.

This second-generation Honda Fit went on sale in Japan on October 26, 2007. With Honda's "man maximum, machine minimum" philosophy at the heart of the concept, the new Fit is 20 mm wider and has a longer wheelbase (+50 mm) than its predecessor and the front pillar has been moved forward to create a more spacious interior.

The entry-level model features a 100 hp 1.3-litre i-VTEC or a 120 hp 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine, according to a press release prepared by Honda.

In Japan, the second-generation Fit has been the top seller in its market segment for five consecutive months since launch. Accumulated sales of the model in China have topped 300,000 units, the best seller in the hatchback market.
source: Gasgoo.com

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: 2008 Honda Fit

i think this is very ugly car, if i choose , toyota yaris is so much nicer and same price/cheaper

·
Administrator
17,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
July 3, 2008 - Guangzhou Honda launches new Fit in China.

Guangzhou Honda Automobile Co, one of Honda's joint ventures in China, begun to sell in China the all-new, completely re-designed Honda Fit on July 2. Price of the model lineup will range from 86,800 yuan ($12,666) to 129,800 yuan in the Chinese market.

This second-generation Fit features a body length of 3,900 mm and width of 1,695 mm, which is 20 mm wider and 55 mm longer than its predecessor and the front pillar has been moved forward to create a more spacious interior.

Engine options include a 100 hp 1.3-litre i-VTEC engine that delivers maximum output of 73kW (100PS) and a new 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine, capable of 88 kW (120 hp).

Honda Fit was first introduced in Japan in June 2001. It is now being produced in six factories in five countries and sold in approximately 115 countries around the world, with cumulative sales of more than two million units, according to a Honda press release.
The Honda Fit has been a top seller in China for the past few years, it has proved to be popular with those that live in an inner city environment and need an automobile that combines good looks, with fuel economy and at a low price. The new Honda Fit was launched in China earlier this week, starting at at mere 80,680rmb to 120,980rmb depending on specification. The top end model for 120,980rmb is the 1.5l sports model, and the base model is a 1.3l model.

The slightly modified looks of the Fit are mostly certainly sure to guarantee that Honda will continue to have a hit on their hands for the forseeable future.
sources: China Car Times and Gasgoo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts