China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Ford starts making Fiesta hatchback in Nanjing.

January 15, 2008 - Ford Motor started manufacturing the Fiesta subcompact car at a plant in the eastern Chinese city of Nanjing on Thursday, the Dow Jones Newswires reported, citing a company statement on Wednesday.

The Changan Ford Mazda Automobile Company's Nanjing plant will produce the five-door hatchback and four-door sedan versions of the new global Fiesta for the Chinese market and the vehicles will go on sale later in the first quarter, the company said.

The U.S. automaker has been touting Fiesta, its second-best selling vehicle behind the Ford Focus, as the first in 'a series of global cars.'

The latest version of the Fiesta debuted last year in Europe, with 61,000 cars sold so far, Ford said.

The Fiesta will go on sale in North America in early 2010 and will be produced at Ford's Cuautitlan Assembly Plant in Mexico. And also in that year, Ford and Mazda's joint-venture facility, Auto Alliance Thailand, in Rayong will begin producing the new Fiesta for other major Asian markets.

Car sales at Changan Ford Mazda, the joint venture between Ford, its affiliate Mazda Motor and China's Changan Automobile, fell 5.9% to 204,344 in 2008 as the economic slowdown hit Chinese demand for vehicles.
source: Gasgoo.com

Re: 2009 Ford Fiesta and Verve

Martin, thanks alot for the pics! I just saw the feature cover on some local magazines here in beijing and I just had to check it out!
Any idea how much the 1.3 AT and the S is going for?

Looks like it'll be on sale in a week March 6. Can't wait!

Here's a topgear video testing the fiesta, fabulous scenes in the mall and beach! Check it out! Its the last section of the vid:

://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjc3OTc2ODg%3D.html&tbb=1&usg=ALkJrhh1n7vNjwTCb_8n5238Zj7fQi8gwA

Sky3 said:
Martin, thanks alot for the pics! I just saw the feature cover on some local magazines here in beijing and I just had to check it out!
Any idea how much the 1.3 AT and the S is going for?
Prices for new Fiesta:
http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200903/56123.html

Prices range between 83.800 and 116.800 yuan.

Thanks, wow, that really looks like a Mazda 2 sedan from the side.

I like the hatch better!

车型
售价(万元)
两厢1.3手动时尚 8.38
两厢1.3自动时尚 9.18
两厢1.5手动时尚 9.58
两厢1.5自动时尚 10.38
两厢1.5手动运动版 10.88
两厢1.5自动运动版 11.68
三厢1.3手动时尚 8.38
三厢1.3自动时尚 9.18
三厢1.5手动运动版 10.88
三厢1.5自动豪华 11.68

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.