China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Great Wall will present at the Auto Shanghai 2009 Motor Show the second electric Kulla Concept after the first Kulla Concept which was presented at the 2008 Beijing Auto Show last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Very nice concept but GWM probably will just brush it aside and go on to produce some copycat products as usual, the phenom or i7 was a very nice concept at the Shanghai motor show couple of years ago but we never heard anything about production, and GWM only produced the Florid, Xb oops I mean coolbear, and Panda which were also at the show too.

·
Registered
938 Posts
martin_krpan said:
It looks very nice and surprisingly original for GWM.
really this time I think that they didn't copy any car...this second kulla model is looking much nicer that this first concept, also now have place for 4 persons, and first have only for 2

·
Registered
938 Posts
Great Wall Hover H7

3.0-liter V6 engine, 6-speed automatic transmission, full-time four-wheel-drive technology, a top speed of up to 225KM. It has three display system: Central double-heart-style digital instrument display, dual-LCD module, all-round vision display vehicles. In addition, it matches the ACC adaptive cruise system, night vision systems, interactive media interface system, such as high-end configuration OOS. With the speed power steering, ABS + EBD, ESP, all-round airbags and other settings, to provide a safe and comfortable driving feel.

·
Administrator
17,618 Posts
Very nice.

http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2009-04-07/0922479237.shtml

From gasgoo
Great Wall Motor, a Chinese automaker that has been making and selling mid- and low-end SUVs, is to launch a high-end luxury SUV model, codenamed Hover H7, at the 2009 Shanghai auto show later this month, xinhuanet.com said today.

A technician of the Chinese SUV-maker revealed that the Hover H7 SUV will be powered by the 3.0L V6 engine, featuring the 6-speed automatic transmission and full-time 4-wheel drive technology, with top speed of 225km. The ABS+EBD, ESP, and other safety configurations will provide safe and comfortable driving experience.

The Hover H7 is a self-developed luxury SUV model of Great Wall Motor. The company said that the high-end SUV will no longer be the preserve of global automakers or their joint ventures in China. The launch of the Hover H7 will testify to Great Wall Motor's strong expertise in SUV making.

Great Wall Motor has not announced the price of this luxury Hover SUV or the date of putting it into mass-production.

The company plans to display 12 own-brand models at the upcoming 2009 Shanghai auto show. Three Great Wall SUVs still being developed will make their public appearance at the event.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: Great Wall Hover H7

The front looks a bit weird, but it's an overall nice design. And it's original. What a surprise from Great Wall...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Great Wall Hover H7

We were looking for some unique self development from Great Wall and now we've got it. But it's extreme. Can't imagine what the wind noise will be like at 120kph.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great Wall CHC011 Concept

After the "borrowed" designs of yesteryear like the Florid, the Peri and the Coolbear, Great Wall Motors has shown us some quite interesting and sometimes unconventional designs this year. Adding to the odd-looking Kulla and the less-odd-looking H7, we have now a yet nameless class C sedan, designated only by the code CHC011.

Other than the tail lights that are too long, this actually looks pretty good.

As a concept car, not many details are available. But apparently this will be equipped with electric seats (and heated too), Nav, DVD and all other creature comforts they can afford. It will also have 8 airbags and ESP. The engine would be an indigenous 3.0L V6, using a 6-spd automatic transmission, making this the most powerful car by GW yet.

To GWM, as I know they have people reading this:
Please stop xeroxing cars, it hurts your reputation overseas, and by extension, the reputation of Chinese cars.
Keep working on original designs, not forgetting quality, safety and reliability. :thumb:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Re: Great Wall strikes again, with a C-class sedan

Im assuming you said C-class sedan you mean this??

Yea I have to agree. GWM and other Chinese car manufacture really need to find their own "identity".

·
Registered
255 Posts

Yes, I've seen the CLS before. I'll agree that there is a vague resemblance, but this is very, very far from a copy.

·
Registered
523 Posts

Hmm, this might be yet another Great Wall copy, Analyst. But from first impressions, I think it looks very nice.

·
Registered
255 Posts

As I said, it does have a vague resemblance to the CLS, which in turn is a Mercedes interpretation of a Jaguar XF; but it is hardly a copy.

·
Registered
561 Posts

To be honest with you I dont really like the Great Wall CHCO11, the headlights and tail lights looks too "in your face".

As to the copying part, Im just saying that the first car I think of when I saw the Great Wall was the CLS with the big swoop on the side and rectangular tail pipes. Where as the first thing I think of when I see the XF is an Austin Martin.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts