China Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guangzhou auto show is the last big event in China auto market this year. Usually this is the auto show rank last among the big three auto shows (Beijing auto show, Shanghai auto shou, and Guangzhou auto show), but in such a hot season for auto market guangzhou auto show is expected to play a very important role at the end of 2009.

Follow me in GoChinaAuto.com to preview what are the focus in the coming Guangzhou Auto Show.

1. New Exellence HRV (From Shanghai GM)

HRV is the hacthback version for Exellence. It will be a bit weird to launch a hatchback version firstly in China. But if you have a close look on the hatchback models performance you will see why Shanghai-GM is so eager to launch such a facelift model into China auto market.

2. New Mazda3 (From Chana-Ford-Mazda)

Chinese people know the new Mazda compact car already from auto shows abroad. Guangzhou auto show is the first time for Mazda to show its new family member in China. When to launch new Mazda3 becomes uncertain due to the realationshio between Mazda and Ford. But anyhow we will see the new car in the autoshow and most likely it will be localized in China, by whoever.

3. BMW 5 GT.

GT means Great Traveller? I don’t know but I do know it has not much to do with the old BMW 5. From the body design to the chassis. But if you are a fun for BMW 5 you’d better take a close look at this. Because the new BMW 5 will come from the new plateform as GT.

4. CKD Audi Q5.

Beforw we see the car, we took too much time discussing the possible price for the first localized luxury SUV. Can it the same as a imported one, or at least looks alike? Buy a auto show ticket.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Preview of Guangzhou Auto Show 2009

5. New Crown.

FAW-Toyota has a dream to replace Audi A6 by its Crown. Ever Crown is the benchmark of Luxury cars in China but the time is no longer reture. After Chinese knew what’s a Luxury Cars mean, there is no much chance for Japanese. Toyota should focus more on its small and compact models.

6. Mercedes G500

G class was available in China for about 2 years, before that Chinese SUV funs can only see it from TV. There is one G55AMG parking besides by office building everyday, I pass by it everyday but feel far away everyday. G550’s price may be 1/2 of the one beside my office, but still far away from me. At least I can have to close look at G550 in the auto show. I never saw it before.

7. Volvo 2010′ C30

A real Volvo. But not for me.

8. Golf GTI

My darling. After Glof 6 localized in China, Golf GTI is coming colser and closer. It will be a star in Guangzhou Auto Show.

Ok, the post is too long. Next month GoChinaAuto will launch a new place or something just for Guangzhou Auto Show. See u then!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Re: Preview of Guangzhou Auto Show 2009

It's unreal to see the 2010 Volvo C30. It seemed to take Volvo a while but they're finally designing some better looking cars for markets.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Re: Previews: 14 demonstic cars at Guangzhou Auto Show

Thanks for the link Jerry! The new JAC Yue Yue is really cool, same with the Haima M2.......and the Great Wall I7 is now called the 'Phenom'? But.......the Roewe 350? Oh my god.........the best, most beautiful Roewe yet, the 550 and 750 look old and boring compared to the 350! Let's see what the price will be - hopefully in the 90-110,000rmb range.....making it competitive with the Golf, Fit, Yaris, Tiida - right where it needs to be for Roewe. Looking forward to seeing more pics from ALL the cars at the show............thanks again Jerry!:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts