China Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Cool Jetamr, great photos! Did you manage to take some up-close photos and perhaps some shots of the interior? If you did, post them here :nod:

·
Registered
132 Posts
hazik said:
A630 to have 3.0 litre V6 . Is it first Chery with V6?
I believe when V5 first came out it was equiped with a V6. However V5 was way ahead of its time, it has been put down the new oriential son lineup.

Some amature photographer took these photos, maybe hedid it with a cellphone or something. In all the pictures the lighting was far from enough, there is no way you can take studio like photos with that kind of lighting. Even you had a BMW up there, the photos wouldn't come out right.

A6 looks nice however I personally perfer the Fulwin Sports car showcased in Beijin Auto Show, I was able to breifly see it up close in person. My goal is still to get a Chery sports car to drive on weekends, may it be a A6 or a Fulwin, whichever gets here first.

·
Registered
561 Posts
why dont they just pop another two cylinders and make it a 5.0 v8, it would be the asia's mustang madness beast. lol (im joking btw)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chery A6 enter C2/D1 segment

Good news for EU/US car importers:

Having seen Chery's A6 upper medium class sedan at last years Shanghai auto expo, i am very satisfied with Chery's overall progress. After two years of driving (80.000km) the forerunner Oriental Son (B11) mid-size sedan in Shanghai and neighouring provinces, i had no major breakdowns and always enjoyed excellent services from my 4S-dealer here in Shanghai. Oriental Sun production quality and interior is o.k. for me, although i would not appraise the B11 as an "EU-ready" car.

But the forthcoming A6 is targeting for the first time a new -and highly competitive - customer segment (C2 or even D1 segment) and shall be the first car to be ready to be exported overseas markets if chassis/body meets Euro-NCAP test specs. expectations (at least 3 stars). International Tier-1 safety module and system supplier told me, that Chery put all efforts to íncrease chassis stability and body structure and also puting latest passenger passive safety restraint technolgies i.e. DAB, PAB, SAB, KAB, pyro-activated seat-belt pretensioner, 6-way crash sensing devices into the car together with an reinforced A and B-pillar.

As far as i know the original design has been carried out by Bertone. The A6 (model code B21) is based on an popular European design style and therefoe may also target EU-clients. I was tolf that luxury version may also be equipped with HUD screen/navigation system.

Our OEM database shows that the A6 shall be Chery's top model this year and we expect SOP end of 2007 with about 5.000 units available for Chinese customers. In 2008 production line shall be ramped up to 30.000 units which leaves some volumes for EU car importers.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thanks for sharing the Information , The A6 ( B11 ) Orientall Son is selling very well here in Egypt .

it is much less expensive than SMALLER Japanese cars ( Corolla / Civic / Lancer / Sunny ) yet it boosts more features and a 2.0 Engine ( Although I dont like the engine that much ) .

The New A6 looks amazing , at least from the inside .

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I hope Chery will not disappoint us. I know they put all their heart and soul
into the Chery A6 and A6CC, I sincerely hope it will pass the euro crash test.

Go Go Go Chery

41 - 60 of 94 Posts