China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Re: 2014 Haval H5

Is difference between this all new H5 and H7 concept ? Or it is same car ? I don´t see difference between theese cars :confused:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: 2014 Haval H5 (Coupe C)

Those are nice crisp and clear photos from autohome, Dmitra.

So does this replace the H5 model that was exported to Italy, and the highboy H5 of 2013 that had the Volvo type taillights?
When added to the unusual application of the term "coupe" seen at the show, the new naming of these Havals is a bit confusing.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Re: 2014 Haval H5 (Haval H7)

@Dragin, difficult to answer at this point.

I have gone through a few articles on this car, and the predominant view is it will replace the current model because:

With this car, GW is trying to take the H5 slightly upscale. The current H5 (irrespective of version) is of body-on-frame construction and the new one ("Coupe") is unibody. Wheelbase is slightly up although the overall vehicle is visually smaller. Also, GW is unifying the H5/H6 platforms (or I should say architecture), hence greater economies of scale (H6 is already a blockbuster).

When the new H5 is eventually launched, replacement may not be immediate, with both generations selling in parallel for some time; also exports (CBU and KD*) of the current H5 may continue for a bit longer. All this, assuming this is finally launched as an "H5" and not something else.

GW seems to be taking the same liberties with the "Coupe" descriptor as some European manufacturers, of late :)

[*Of note, the old H3 models are still available in some overseas markets. Recently the H5 Zhizun ban (wide-grille version) has been launched in Russia as new H3 - assembled by Derways/Irito.]

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

Dmitra,
Thanks again for that info. I guess we will have to see. Of course brand name clarity is an absolute must when it comes to exporting. So I'm sure they will work on that.
Also, I had understood that the odd numbers were all 'full frame" vehicles, so this would be an exception to that rule of thumb.
As for the "coupe" being applied to four door models, well it's going to take me some time to get used to that. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts

Funny thing about this labeling dichotomy (even nos. for unibody, odd nos. for body-on-frame):

Great Wall had already "broken" this rule when it displayed the H8 in 2012 as H7, also once later when the concept predecessor of this new H5 was exhibited as (again) an H7.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts