China Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is it!

Note: The model code "VW421/1CS-K" is reminiscent of the VW421/1 code used in some publications for the Santana 2000 of yore, but this current code follows from the previous generation's (NMS) VW411 designation. The new model is a product of the MQB-B toolkit.

·
Registered
834 Posts
This is it!

Note: The model code "VW421/1CS-K" is reminiscent of the VW421/1 code used in some publications for the Santana 2000 of yore, but this current code follows from the previous generation's (NMS) VW411 designation. The new model is a product of the MQB-B toolkit.
I love it :D

Can't wait to see the US version in R Line trim :p

I think the length / width combo makes the design succeed better than the EU Passat / Magotan. This is better executed than the Phideon IMHO. Interior looks luxurious which I gather is what the Chinese buyer wants especially as this is targeted towards the chauffeur market.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
MY2020 Volkswagen Passat (USA)

Because of a shrinking non-premium sedan market and to slash development costs, the new Passat (VW421) scheduled next year for NAR (North American Region) will continue to be built on the modified PQ46 platform of the current NMS (VW411). The car will get a restyling/re-skin to resemble the new SAIC-VW Passat more closely, but will not switch over to MQB. The U.S.-built car might be lengthened a little bit, but the wheelbase will remain the same at 2803 mm (versus 2871 mm for SAIC-VW's new Passat).

Instead, Volkswagen of America, Inc. will devote resources towards producing an Atlas-based SUV "coupe" (VW416/5), which ought to be ready for MY2021.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2020-volkswagen-passat-prototype-driven
https://www.motor1.com/reviews/294105/2020-vw-passat-prototype-first-drive/

·
Administrator
17,645 Posts
2021 Passat 330 TSI:

Passat 380 TSI:
大众帕萨特 2021款 380TSI 尊贵版图片汽车之家 (autohome.com.cn)

280 TSI:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts