China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Lishen is the third largest battery maker of China. maybe be "state sponsered", i am not sure.

three largest battery makers of China, and their the relative scale:

BYD 6
CBAK 1.5
Lishen 1

BYD is either No 1 or No 2 cell phone battery maker in the world.
last time i heard Tesla roadster use 6000 cell phone battery to delivery a range of 200 miles?

i don't who made the body and other system for Miles, i guess they are more or less standard.

· Registered
31 Posts
BringIt said:
Tesla uses BYD batteries???

Anyone else knows anything about this Chinese made electric car?
no, Tesla bought battery from Japan, i don't know why. my guess is that Tesla started Roadster 5 years ago, at that time BYD is till very small and unproven. 7-8 years ago, Japan hold monopoly on Li-iOn battery.

Quality/Safety is not a issue, at least today. BYD supply more battery to Motorala/Nokia than Sony or Mishushita(panasonic), from the battery recall records, BYD battery has a much better safety record.

Last year BYD is No. 2 cell phone battery maker in the world, if the projection is right, it should be No 1 this year or next.

Toyota has battery joint venture with panasonic, so essencially toyota is using Mishushita technology for current/future hybrid/electric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.