China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Everyone knows your stance on the Chinese auto industry, and have known it even before they saw any of your posts. The purpose of this forum is to inform the public of the emerging Chinese automotive market, show the world how it has progressed, and to some degree actually notify the automotive manufactures about what the English speaking world thinks about there product. So as a result, the posters exhibit an optimistic view about the future that is being created, rather than the shameful past. So, in your quest to make your point known, you are the one who has veered away from your own position. Besides, people don't disagree with your view points, they disagree with the way you express them, how you twist words to reinforce your points, and how you blow off people who have first hand experience in the world market and have seen first hand the development of the Chinese market.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Seems like a lot of people do not understand the core essentials of my arguement, so I put up this nice summary.

1. Chinese auto industry is not ready to hit developed markets as of today.
2. Chinese auto industry won't become a significant factor in developed markets for another 10 years. (That's 2016)

http://www.giugiarodesign.it/eng/e_index.html
http://www.designboom.com/eng/interview/giugiaro.html
http://www.autonews.com/files/euroauto/inductees/giugiaro.htm

I believe it was Giorgetto Giugiaro who said "It took Japan 40 years to become a great automotive nation. It took South Korea 20 years. I think it will take China as little as 10 to 15 years." To me it seems odd that you would say the Chinese auto industry won’t be a significant factor in developed markets for another 10 years. The companies that I would consider a significant factor are the three German brands Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, the three Japanese companies Honda, Nissan, and Toyota, and in the past the big three Detroit. So by saying that they will not be a significant factor for another 10 years you are actually saying that they will be a factor upon introduction before 2016, saying that they will have the same effect as second tier Japanese brands and the Korean brands.

Real_I_Hate_China said:
I don't see too many non-Chinese on this board(Who cares about Chinese cars anyway). It is just me lone non-Chinese Vs an army of Chinese waging a war of words.
A forum is a place for the free exchange of thoughts, you cannot control who Posts, but because the forum is in English the ideas will be less biased than a Chinese forum like MyChery.net. Have you visited this thread by gr8, Admin cannot force everyone to post in a thread, but the results say something about the members. http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=580

fightingtorque said:
Wild thread guys - hater distilled off his key points into one thread and created a pretty concentrated debate.
Did we really have a debate over hater’s stance on the Chinese automotive industry? When you look back at the posts what really happens seems to be a debate over the true condition of the Chinese industry, unseen by the information network, and anger towards hater’s tone when his argument is based on what he finds on the internet.

jmsteiny said:
Yes, western buyers WILL be laughing.............laughing with JOY when they realize that chinese cars will be able to offer almost ALL of the performance, comfort AND reliability of their western counterparts - for a CONSIDERABLY lower price! :thumb: :lol: :nod:
You definitely know something about the Chinese automotive industry that cannot be posted on the internet, or else you and fightingtorque would not have been so insistent on hater actually going to China. I guess I will find out in 2009. The Korean's are pretty much offering that in their vehicles, but in many cases people still view them as they where before. Both you and fightingtorque know this and neither one of you seem to be people who will have unrealistic expectations, so for someone to have even this much confidence in the product you must know more than you are letting on.

1 - 2 of 3 Posts