China Car Forums banner

all the models of shanghai Maple automobile

94K views 64 replies 31 participants last post by  abuchihab 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hisoon205

Marindo205

Marindo303

Hysoul305

Maple Whirlwind SXE 7130 (Huapu Biaofeng)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Great pictures Jikki !!

How can you post so big pictures

Maple MP SXE 7130/7130X

Maple MP 1.3 SXE 7130

Maple M303 SMA 7151

Attachments

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
2004 production was about 15 000 cars. As far as I know there are no plans to go abroad yet.

JM Star Meilu 7130

Attachments

#9 ·
Check out another thread.............

Hey dbatch...........

First, welcome to the forum! Anyway, check out another thread here under the SMA area........"Does SAIC own SMA?" In this thread, your question is answered in detail and will give you more info about SMA. In short, you ARE right - Geely IS the parent owner of SMA.

#15 ·
common engines

Ash is right....The Hisoon for example has a Toyota 8A-FE based 1.3 litre
four cylinder. After a suit brought by Toyota in 2003, Geely somehow won the rights to build it in house as the MR479Q. Geely had previously bought this engine (also found in the Geely CK) from Tianjin Industrial (home of Xiali) which is licensed by Toyota.

#17 ·
lots of irons in the fire

Geely is juggling more than a few projects. It even has one in Hong Kong and so it's hard to say where Maple is going. As you may know Li Shutong's Maple Auto started with the production of Meilu in a venture with Jiangbei Machinerey up north and then moved down to Shanghai in 2003. Some said that the idea of making Citroen-based models was to cut production costs by sourcing from the already established Dongfeng-Citroen suppliers. Now it will be interesting to see what exclusive IPR comes from Maple's collaboration with Tongji University and the Shanghai Innova design house.

btw the in-house engine maker I mentioned above is called the Shanghai Maple Engine Co.,Ltd. It makes both the MR and JL series engines.

#22 ·
Hello from Eastern Europe!!! As I got some informations, the sales of SMA should start soon in some balkan countries such as Bosnia and Bulgaria. Since I live in this area I'm very interested in any information about those models.I've seen pics, but does anyone has any real informations about reliability of SMA vehicles, engines, are there any troubles with engines, how is with the safety of these vehicles??? A lot of questions, I hope you can give me some answers. Thank you in advance!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.