China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This documentary/movie staring Al Gore, former vice president (and president if election of 2000 not stolen by neo-cons?) is worth while for all to watch.
Gore has become an ardent enviromentalist and in this movie he addresses the horrible record the usa has in enviromental concerns and in concern of global warming specifically.
President Bush recently blamed rising oil costs on develop'g nations such as china. Gore points out that the usa uses 5 times the crude oil while supporting only one fifth the population of china. He also states that american automobiles cannot be exported readily to trading partners since they fail to meet international emmissions requirements. 95% of american made autos fail chinas emmissions guidelines.
I honesly and strongly recommend that those interested view this great and noble documentary. Gore is not only a great patriot, he is a legitimate enviromental statesman.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Gore would have done much more for the US than Bush - heck, anyone could.

Too many red necks and religious freaks in this country...

·
Registered
314 Posts
I agree, cannot blame the american voters either as George Bush systematically stole the presidency by illegal means. Some years ago Micheal Moore was in London for the book signing of farenheight 9/11 and pointed out lots of gangster tactics Bush and his neo conservative used win the white house. He has knowingly lied about WMD, his corrupt chum at Enron lied to tax agency and bankrupt the company, all failure and mislead one after another. When Clinton left the America economy was in good shape, it is not now. After Iraq the price of petrol went up:nono: lining up his and his supporters pockets. This is a unstable world with that bush in power and yes unfortunately someone like Gore not being prident is a loss for everyone.

Anyone seen the movie then, i dont know if its out yet, will find out

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw the movie, it's excellant. Yes, there are too many religious freaks in this country. I mean, think about it, there is no other reason for invading Iraq other than a war against Islam. There never was any WMD's, no Al Queda, nothing that could justify the war expect the Conservatives agenda, which is probably religiously related. They lied to us all, and there too many dumbass americans who believe them. 100 years ago the Boer wars market the beginning of the end of the British empire. Read about it, its almost an exact parrelell to the Iraq war of today. It was drivin by the conservatives of the country. The government told the people they were winning when the weren't. It drained the economy and finances at a time when the British economy was falling behind. And (most interestingly) in 1906 elections were held and the conservative party was slaughtered. But the war continued. Same thing happens exactly 100 years later. I think Iraq will be the beginning of the end of the american superpower....the signs are all around us. It's not if american will fall, its how and when. Sadly, this is the truth. Perhaps an Inconvienent Truth to some.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Anyone who classifies Gore as a "legitimate stateman" has obviously never heard anything the man has had to say. I say this as gently, rationally as I can - the man is a moron.

Don't get me wrong - Although I am a Republican, I believe that Bush has caused more damage to America than the last 20 presidents combined (well, excluding the weasel Clinton who made the presidency a laughingstock)

Iraq was not a religous quest - don't kid yourself, it just wasn't. Iraq was twofold - Get Rid of Saddam so the people could govern themselves, and protect the flow of oil to the US and her allies. How did it work?

Gas prices are the highest they have ever been, and the moron Iraquies are running around like animals being let out of a zoo, shooting anything that moves. Super.

I support our troops, although I feel my daughter's 5th grade class could govern better than who we have in there now. We should walk away from Iraq, let them all kill each other like the animals they are, and focus on trying to find a leader that can, you know, actually lead? Gore is not it. Read what he has said in the past.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rock-N-Roll said:
Anyone who classifies Gore as a "legitimate stateman" has obviously never heard anything the man has had to say. I say this as gently, rationally as I can - the man is a moron.

Don't get me wrong - Although I am a Republican, I believe that Bush has caused more damage to America than the last 20 presidents combined (well, excluding the weasel Clinton who made the presidency a laughingstock)

Iraq was not a religous quest - don't kid yourself, it just wasn't. Iraq was twofold - Get Rid of Saddam so the people could govern themselves, and protect the flow of oil to the US and her allies. How did it work?

Gas prices are the highest they have ever been, and the moron Iraquies are running around like animals being let out of a zoo, shooting anything that moves. Super.

I support our troops, although I feel my daughter's 5th grade class could govern better than who we have in there now. We should walk away from Iraq, let them all kill each other like the animals they are, and focus on trying to find a leader that can, you know, actually lead? Gore is not it. Read what he has said in the past.

Of course my speculation for the reason for the Iraq war is just my opinion, I honestly don't know. But I do agree, the US has been badly and irreversably damaged by this administation. I don't know much about Gore, all I do know is he is far more scientifically knowledgable than Bush is. I don't know if he would be a good statesmen though. I'm only 16 years old, so I guess I'm at the age disadvantage of knowing politicians for many years.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Rock-N-Roll said:
and the moron Iraquies are running around like animals being let out of a zoo, shooting anything that moves. Super.
this phenomena has happened in America also, the verdict after the Rondey King trial for example when blacks and Korean americans shot each other when the order of law (police) couldnt cope. and the trucker Reginald denny being dragged out of his truck cab and got a 'rondey king' for being white. So its not a iraqi thing only. During hurricane Katrina similar lootings happened, American army even shot vandalisers (and got bad press). In fact fully armed american soldiers had to dispacted to louisana so homes dont get burgled.

In UK we got the Soccer hooligans:nono: who destroy property and are a shame when these holigans go abroad on England game.

Similar things (people running around like animals) happen all over the world (africa, sri lanka) every year, but we dont know cause the media focus is in Iraq.

Bill Clinton: regardless of his private issues getting public, he was a good president otherwise. he dealt the american economy a good boost. Before president, America was imporing most of its semi conductors, he reversed that process. The stupid republicans, if they had not used the FBI to chase the Lewinski panty stain, these FBI agents would have answered the phone of a concerned Flight training consultants who were worried obout certain Saudi's wanting only to turn the plane:nono: (u know what i am getting at)

Finally, most of the hijackers were Saudi, so why isnt the kingdom bombed by the PATRIOTIC REPUBLICANS.

they got rid of saddam cause he knew to much about US dirty work when he was friends with US(before Kuwait) and needed to be shut up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
RiseOfTheRev01ution said:
I don't know much about Gore, all I do know is he is far more scientifically knowledgable than Bush is. I don't know if he would be a good statesmen though. I'm only 16 years old, so I guess I'm at the age disadvantage of knowing politicians for many years.
i dont know much about gore either, but what i do know was he was vice president, he would be a lot better than that idiot Bush:eek: i really want to watch his movie, see how this gore fellow is

Rise of the Revolution, would have never thought u were 16 years old, u are a little puppy:p

·
Registered
450 Posts
I also read the michael moore account of the bent election, but the country voted the guy back in by a clear margin second time around.

I think Bush is a twat, but you can't argue anything other than that the people of america (as a group) must think he's the best man that was on offer.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Rock-N-Roll said:

Every election is about selecting the lesser of 2 evils, and Gore with all of his faults, is still way better than Bush, waaaaayyyyyy better.

You got Iraq war all wrong. It was only about 1 thing, huge, huge profits to cronies of the Bush administration. War is a very profitable business for "war" companies. Halliburton is making a killing. Further down the road, the oil buddies of Bush would then be raking the money in with Iraq oil.

Of course, Bush's master plan blew up in his face. Bush and Cheney out smarted even themselves. Now we're in such a big mess that I bet Bush regrets everyday for the stupid greedy plan Cheney came up with.

Clinton? He was a great president and did great things for this country. Yeah he messed with an intern, but which politician hasn't? He was just caught with it - at least he did it with a female intern... ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
BringIt said:
Clinton? He was a great president and did great things for this country. Yeah he messed with an intern, but which politician hasn't? He was just caught with it - at least he did it with a female intern... ;)
:lol: :lol:

albeit a fat and a crappy looking 1:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
BringIt said:
Every election is about selecting the lesser of 2 evils...
First thing you have ever said that I agree with - our elections are a joke - we pick one of two losers who could not cope/succeed in the real world, and decided to go into politics.

Listen, everyone, Stop saying so-and-so is better than Bush. I'm a die-hard republican, and I know just about anyone is better than bush. Hell, put Regan back in - sure, he's dead, but at least he won't screw up anything more.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't like either the Democrats or Republicans, I consider myself neither a Liberal or a Conservative. But I have to say that Bush is simply the dumbest president to ever grace the office.

From the beginning, I knew this man was little more than an immature fratboy that was more ambitious than he was intelligent. Living off his father's connections, this was someone who did not have to earn anything his whole life. Six years later, his stupidity and his vulnerability to the control of the TRULY EVIL individuals that surround him have significantly damaged and weakened the national interests of the US.

Bush is nothing more than a dumb puppet being controlled by evil lunatics. I hate this regime, I wish everyday for it to be taken down.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Rock-N-Roll said:

You are a racist moron and probably one of the dimwits that elected him into office.

It probably took you six years to realize that Bush is a complete idiot. Some of us knew this the first time we laid eyes on that overgrown fratboy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
going back to the original topic of this thread, the documentary, does anyone have any idea if this docu will be aired internationally? also, is it available for viewing at any freely-accessible websites? would like to see it before i comment.

·
Registered
176 Posts
edge said:
You are a racist moron and probably one of the dimwits that elected him into office.

It probably took you six years to realize that Bush is a complete idiot. Some of us knew this the first time we laid eyes on that overgrown fratboy.

OK, I'll bite - how do you get "racist moron" out of anything I said?

I can't stop laughing, by the way, every time I read when you call him a "dumb puppet being controlled by evil lunatics".

·
Registered
135 Posts
Personally, I feel that the real problem with American elections these days is that a portion of the population is almost guaranteed to vote republican even if the candidate is a known megalomaniac who has declared there intentions of taking over the world, or will vote democrat even if the candidate is a known sexual deviant. To make matters worse, the number of people who fit into this category far exceeds the number of people who would keep track of politics to select the candidate to properly represent themselves. I feel that the best option for America's future is the rise of a strong third party, make election day a national holiday to improve voter turnout, and to implement a very simple exam, the citizenship exam should work nicely, to weed out incompetent voters. The number of voters who could not even know the name of the American Vice President scares me, and makes me wonder about the future of America.

·
Registered
37 Posts
DOS said:
Personally, I feel that the real problem with American elections these days is that a portion of the population is almost guaranteed to vote republican even if the candidate is a known megalomaniac who has declared there intentions of taking over the world, or will vote democrat even if the candidate is a known sexual deviant. To make matters worse, the number of people who fit into this category far exceeds the number of people who would keep track of politics to select the candidate to properly represent themselves. I feel that the best option for America's future is the rise of a strong third party, make election day a national holiday to improve voter turnout, and to implement a very simple exam, the citizenship exam should work nicely, to weed out incompetent voters. The number of voters who could not even know the name of the American Vice President scares me, and makes me wonder about the future of America.
I agree with you 100%. This country has become divided and political parties stereotyped. Republican stands for one thing...democrat for the other. All the parties do now is try to make eachother look bad instead of actually focusing on fixing the issues. I am a member of the new Centrist party. It was formed to reconsile the differences between demo and rep so we could just vote for the right person and do the right things instead of worrying about the stereotypes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
RiseOfTheRev01ution said:
... I am a member of the new Centrist party. It was formed to reconsile the differences between demo and rep so we could just vote for the right person and do the right things instead of worrying about the stereotypes...
...and basically flush your vote down the toilet, then?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rock-N-Roll said:
...and basically flush your vote down the toilet, then?

lol Yep, but I am only 16 (I turn 17 in like a month) so my vote doesn't count anyway. That's the very problem with our democracy though, political parties get their strength from their pocketbooks, thus, no other parties really have a chance against them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts