China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LAS VEGAS — Gambling that the North American market is ripe for more Chinese vehicles, another would-be importer is trumpeting plans to import cars and trucks from several small China manufacturers.

In a March 22 press release dripping with good ol' American hyperbole, Global Holdings International says it plans to bring in a full line of "magnificently designed" Chinese vehicles, including "sedans, minis, sports coupes, SUVs, minivans, trucks [and] buses" that are "destined to revolutionize the world's auto industry."

The company plans to source these vehicles from three smaller Chinese players. They are Brilliance China, which makes the Giugiaro-designed M1 sedan (called the Zhonghua in China); Foton Auto, which builds SUVs; and Baoding Tianma Auto, which assembles a range of light trucks and vans.

Tianma was started in the 1980s by a branch of the People's Liberation Army. Its products include minivans, utility vehicles and single- and double-cab pickups, including a model called the Hilux that appears to be a direct knockoff of an old Toyota truck.

Taking a page from entrepreneur Malcolm Bricklin's playbook, Global Holdings promises "incredibly low prices" and "extended warranties guaranteed to assure even the most conscientious consumer."

CEO Jeff Suh says the company will open a showroom in Guadalajara, Mexico, shortly, with a Las Vegas showroom to follow later this year.
source:edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=10983

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think the Zhonghua by Brilliance will do well in the US. It is a good car, and it looks nice too. The company is a partner of BMW and has good manufacturing capabilities.

I don't know much about the rest though.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The zhonghua will definately do good, i just hope they do much testing if they decide to bring trucks from china..because truck market is smaller than car market and still same competition..so it will be hard to sell chinese trucks in the US...i think they should start with passenger cars

·
Registered
264 Posts
give it a few months, and you'll hear of 10000 entrepreneurs trying to do it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts