China Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes that right folks a Chinese made car with 4 out of 5 stars in the UK motoring press! The car in question was the MG 7 made by Nanjing. According to reports in the UK the car has 5 NCAP stars, excellent Co2 ratings thanks to it's revised K series engine, a low price tag (only 14k) and a FIVE years warranty. Nanjing have also upgraded the package by fitting reversing camera and dual view DVD screens!

I'm sooooo very impressed with that. Oh and they said the build quality was A1 on the Nanjing made car. Finally they also said they watched them being made, so no smoke and mirrors from Nanjing it seems. How about SAIC? Has anyone seen them make a car a Roewe 750 yet with one of those dodgy old engines which blew head gaskets and had a poorer Co2 rating?

:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Certainly looking good that MG7.

Looking forward to seeing them in the dealerships!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Real_I_Hate_China said:
£15,000 and up.
So let me get this straight. MG will be selling a car in the UK (after import taxes, as I understand it) for 14K with a FIVE year warranty. This makes it cheaper than all the competion in it's class and it will be better specked with engines re-engineered by Lotus. I'm seriously trying not to buy one at that price!

This car will sell and it will make the SAIC version utterly unsellable. I mean who in Britain will buy a car from a car maker they've never heard of when they can have a much much better version from MG? You would have to be a complete fool or worse to even consider it. Stupid doesn't even cover it! As for Brilliance, then this product shows how backward they really are.

To give you some idea of how utterly stupid SAIC are being on this. Rover used to rebadge Honda's for a number of years. Rover always outsold Honda in the UK by a massive margin. The people who bought the Honda's bought them because they wanted the Japanese version, which admittedly was more reliable. What is Roewe's unique selling point?

·
Registered
772 Posts
mgrovernut said:
So let me get this straight. MG will be selling a car in the UK (after import taxes, as I understand it) for 14K with a FIVE year warranty.
Now you see something is wrong with your 14K pounds figure.

This makes it cheaper than all the competion in it's class and it will be better specked with engines re-engineered by Lotus. I'm seriously trying not to buy one at that price!
MG7 cannot be priced for less than 27K pounds based on Chinese domestic market pricing of 14K pounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts