1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
phaeton said:
Expected Debuts:

All new Skoda Superb (guess)
Santana 3000 (rumoured)
What, another Santana model? Why don't Shanghai VW do the decent thing and kill off the Santana, and the Gol (that's not a typo, it is one 'f' short of a Golf) as well? And FAW-VW can stop producing the old, old, old Jetta, too.

A Santana costs more than a Zhonghua Junjie, and yet people still choose to buy Santanas. :confused:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trivia Tim said:
What, another Santana model? Why don't Shanghai VW do the decent thing and kill off the Santana, and the Gol (that's not a typo, it is one 'f' short of a Golf) as well? And FAW-VW can stop producing the old, old, old Jetta, too.

A Santana costs more than a Zhonghua Junjie, and yet people still choose to buy Santanas. :confused:
Something is in the works to replace the Santana series, all new Gol family is due next year ;)

LOL :D VW > Brilliance is what most Chinese buyers must think ;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
I am not sure which GOL you have folks in china
but this is the NEW GOL we have here ( A.k.a VW Pointer )

like you gussed it , the GOL/Pointer is GOLF for the poor :D
Its direct competitor is the Fiat Palio
which is also PUNTO for the poor

this is the Palio we have here ( 2006/2007 )
which happens to be my car as well , heh

this is the new 2008 Palio , just started to sell in Brazil , the rest of the world soon ( I think its UGLY ) :

·
Registered
481 Posts
By the new palio you mean the 2008 one ? :p
I hate it

All the palios since they were even introduced are FACELIFTS / REARLIFTS , few interior modifications and very few engine upgrades .

The VW Gol is also a facelift/rearlift with a NEW better interior than the G3 one , yet the same engines .

in the Palio 2008 , for some sick reason Guigaro decided to KILL the interior ,, seriously :p .

anyways I dont want to distract ppl from the topic of this thread , so I shutup now . :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Trivia Tim said:

Santana has been updated for 2007!

·
Registered
507 Posts
The Santana is based on the old VW Fox, right? That platform is so old it's almost embarrassing.

New skins every so often doesn't hide it's dated roots. Just look at the ugly proportions and the short wheel-base and long over-hangs.

Yeah, I'd take a Junjie (BS4) anyday.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BringIt said:
The Santana is based on the old VW Fox, right? That platform is so old it's almost embarrassing.

New skins every so often doesn't hide it's dated roots. Just look at the ugly proportions and the short wheel-base and long over-hangs.

Yeah, I'd take a Junjie (BS4) anyday.
No the Gol is based on the revised (1994) Fox platform ;)

Santana, Santana 2000 & Santana 3000 are based on the Passat B2 (Quantaum) platform.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CAN anyone identify this brand (s)???

effamotors.com
they sell in uruguay... they must have changed the name (s), but any thoughts on what they may actually be?:confused:
thinking on meeting them on Shanghai auto show

·
Registered
547 Posts
penhalp said:
effamotors.com
they sell in uruguay... they must have changed the name (s), but any thoughts on what they may actually be?:confused:
thinking on meeting them on Shanghai auto show
Thanks for the link, penhalp. Effa seems to offer products from Changhe (Ideal), Hafei and other producers (Jiefang?). Does Effa has an assembly plant in Uruguay?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Trivia Tim said:
This is the Palio we have in China - a Punto for the even poorer, it seems!
This ons is selling alongside its newer sister , but only with one engine options a 1.0 16V Fire engine .

And the SEDANE version ( Fiat Sienna ) used to be one of Egypts best selling car ever .

old sienna :

new sienna :

1 - 20 of 79 Posts