China Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Laofan's recent post we saw that Dongfeng is slated to show the B11 in Shanghai this month and FAW Xiali will display the C1.

But I read somewhere else that these two giants, FAW and Dongfeng, will not be showing up at the Shanghai show this year. Too expensive is what the article said. Afterall the Beijing show was just 6 months earlier.

Then will Renault show the B11 at its booth I wonder?

How about the small players that we rarely see? Will Baoding Dadi show up? Or Xinkai? Or Huatai? Or Qingling? Or Chang'he? Maybe to expensive for them too.

Maybe Malcolm Bricklin will be there to announce which manufacturer is going to be his new partner.

One thing's for sure and that is that BYD won't have a monopoly on alternative powerplants. They'll be other electrics, hybrids, diesels, hydrogen-fueled, etc.

It should be an interesting show.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah it is a bit soon for the little makers but thats Car Biz people :D ;)

I can't wait to see what FAW-VW & Shanghai-VW are going to show as well as new models from Brilliance, Chery & Roewe :D

Its going to be an exciting show plus I think there maybe better coverage as Beijing last year was the turning point for China coming out of its shell.

·
Registered
325 Posts
dragin said:
In Laofan's recent post we saw that Dongfeng is slated to show the B11 in Shanghai this month and FAW Xiali will display the C1.

But I read somewhere else that these two giants, FAW and Dongfeng, will not be showing up at the Shanghai show this year. Too expensive is what the article said. Afterall the Beijing show was just 6 months earlier.
I think if they dont attend their must be other reasons than costs - Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou are probably the most richest cities, and the biggest in terms of popularion. It would be wise to show off your cars to the local population.:nod:

The little guys like Zhong Xing, Dadi etc are usually outside the shows in the carparks. I guess the inside hall costs are too expensive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2007 Changchun International Automobile Expo

Can anybody tell me how relevant and important is the 2007 Changchun International Automobile Expo? It's an event organized every two years. This year is scheduled in July, 13-22.

I intend to visit this event to get the chance to meet (hopefully) all the important Chinese auto manufacturers. From the (little) information I could find on internet (in English), it looks like an important event for the automotive industry. Yes, I know that 2007 Shanghai Auto Expo might be even more important, but I cannot be there nowadays.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts