China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One and a half week ago I went to the Amsterdam auto show (AutoRAI; 12 to 23 April). It's hardly a relevant auto show, the most important debuts were the Ford Focus ECOnetic, the Audi Q3 in a glass box, and a day after I went Jaguar replaced the current XF with the refreshed one, which debuted a day earlier in New York. Besides the Geneve premieres like the Kia Picanto and Rio, Hyundai i40, Chevrolet Cruze hatchback, Fiat Freemont, Lancia Ypsilon, Thema and Voyager, Saab 9-5 SportCombi, Peugeot 308 facelift, Jaguar XKR-S, Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet and Tiguan facelift, Mercedes-Benz SLK, C Class Coupe, Renault Captur Concept, Fiat 500 Coupé Zagato Concept and Wiesmann Spyder Concept, you can find a part of my photos here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:AutoRAI

This is China Car Forums, so I start with my photos of and opinions about the Chinese news. Landwind was present with 3 CV9s, better known in China as Fengshang (Fashion). Sales have started in April at 18 dealerships.
My first impressions: the exterior, which has been designed by the Italian I.DE.A Insitute, is definitely a pro. Although slightly dated, it does look more balanced than many European and Japanese competitors. There is plenty enough space on the second row for your head and legs. The interior has a decent design and doesn't look cheap actually, although the upper black part has an odd structure. Besides, the interior parts didn't leave a very solid impression, but I doubt if it's worse than the old interior of the Dodge Caliber or Jeep Compass. Furthermore, because of the bicolor interior it's far more pleasing to look at. I didn't observe a unpleasant chemical smell behind the wheel. The most remarkable cons were the unsolid construction for the third row and the presence of no more than two seatbelts at the second row.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A big surprise for me was the presence of the Geely Panda. It has been converted into a electric vehicle by a company called ECE (Electric Cars Europe) and the price for a electrified Geely Panda is nearly 30,000 € in The Netherlands, only 3k less than a Mitsubishi i-MiEV and 5k less than the much more mature Nissan Leaf.
Compared to the Landwind the Geely was more convincing to me in terms of interior quality, at first sight not worse than a Toyota Aygo or Suzuki Alto. However, in contrast with the Landwind CV9 there was a unpleasant chemical smell inside the Geely. For a very cheap car the Geely Panda actually surprised me positively, although not as EV for 30,000 euros.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts