China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chery A11 - Problem

HI all
I bought chery A11 car from year ago the car is very good but I'm suffering form the car agent in Cairo CIG because to solve a problem I have to go to the agent more times but I have now a problem they can’t solve it so please if any body can help me
first problem is during the warming up in the morning in the normally the RPM started at 1500 then after warming up it down automatically to 800 RPM but now the at worming the RPM oscillating between 800 to 1500 continually .

second problem during the drive when I stop the car the RMP normally go down to 800 during brake but now it is stoked at 1500 RPM.

·
Registered
314 Posts
is the car fuel injection, if so then it is a case of the oxygen sensor gone bust and needs replacement, and/or the throttle body got jammed (dirty fuel usually) so needs stripping, cleaned, and the ecu reset (fuel map) to std

·
Registered
176 Posts
ehab336 said:
HI all
I bought chery A11 car from year ago the car is very good but I'm suffering form the car agent in Cairo CIG because to solve a problem I have to go to the agent more times but I have now a problem they can’t solve it so please if any body can help me
first problem is during the warming up in the morning in the normally the RPM started at 1500 then after warming up it down automatically to 800 RPM but now the at worming the RPM oscillating between 800 to 1500 continually .

second problem during the drive when I stop the car the RMP normally go down to 800 during brake but now it is stoked at 1500 RPM.

third problem your dealer stole all of your punctuation from your computer keyboard i know whatthe problem with the car is the problem is that you have a vacum leak somewhere check all of the rubber hoses thank you so much for your time I hope it works better when it worms up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chery A11 car problem (pleas help)

dear all
I have the car from 18 month and I have two problems
1-during the worming up in morning the RPM and the motor speed is oscillating (up to 1500 rpm and back to 800 rpm and repeated) until the temp go high then stop at 1000 rpm.
2-the cooling water in the reservoir is decrease continually and i went to the urgent but they can’t find the source of leak then I replaced the reservoir cover but no change.
so please send to be any suggestion to solve the problem (note I went to the car urgent (CIG) four times in three months for the same problem but no change.
I sent e-mail to chery china but no replay please help

·
Registered
240 Posts
you are at the right place.hopefully you will get someone to listen to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should read ECU errors firstly. Usually it helps. This problem may be connected with tempetature sensor, oxygen sensor, flowmeter, ignition problems... whatever.
About coolant leakage. it is sertainly small and slow leak, and when engine is hot, you cant see it, because coolant is get steam immediately. Try to check when engine is cool. Check all connections, radiator, etc, using mirror.
I`ve been to El-Guna recently. It was great :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

I sent the car to augent but they didn't found any problem in Rpm
and about water can you inform me how to test it in could without pressure.

·
Registered
450 Posts
the engine in that car lifts the rpm to 1500 as soon as it detects an 'off idle' condition. so i am guessing the problem may be with the throttle position sensor or the setting of the throttle stop.

have a look where the throttle cable connects to the engine, there is a screw that controls the position when the throttle is closed. back it off a bit, the engine speed should stay the same because ECU opens the idle control valve to compensate. now you should be away from the transition between idle and off idle, it might solve the problem.

another possibility is that the throttle position sensor is damaged. this part is not available separately and so you need a new throttle body. about 400rmb in china but will be more in cairo.

it could also be a vacuum leak as has been said. after i ran mine under a truck i damaged one of the bolts holding the idle control valve in place, which caused a leak and a fluctuating speed.

if the dealer has the correct equipment to connect to the ecu they should be able to diagnose these kind of problems. but they need some common sense as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
car check

the augent tested the car ECU but the problemthat the RPM habend while the car is cold (during worm up)
what about the water leak problem
why no budy from chery manifature or augents replay me.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If they heard about your problem but still nobody from the manufacturer is replying, then they are jeopardizing their reputation at an early stage in their export development. It surprises me that Chery would do such a foolhardy thing.
Of course you are telling all of us about this problem and I'm sure you are telling your family members, and your barber, and your food grocer, and your dentist, and your fellow members at the mosque or church. The negative word gets around very wide and very fast. It just doesn't make sense for Chery not to reply. Brand survival depends on it.

Ehab you may have to leave it at the service garage overnight so it can be tested under the cold conditions in the morning. There may be a sticking problem within the throttle body or the idle speed control valve that disappears with an increase in temperature. As for the cooling system, they may have to add some dye to the coolant and then do some pressure testing for the leakage traces to show up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've experienced such a dealer problem with Mazda.but believe me soon after I thought mazda is a brand which I will never buy again, they took away the dealership and gave it to another firm.
I suppose that the very same thing should happen when anywhere in the world a Chery dealer ignores his customers' problems,then at least Chery should react to this,maybe by taking away its dealership...

·
Registered
481 Posts
lol just let me tell you something , other than BMW , MECEDES and JEEP dealers in Egypt suck ..

Or at least they don't really give a shit about what you say , they connect your car to thier decades old computers .. if is everything is standard .. even if the car will blow up , then your car is fine sir and nothing is wrong with it .

if you complain about a noise or anything that seems ununsal , " it's natural sir "
, if you complain about fuel economy ( it will increase in time sir )
if you complain about weak A/C , ( it will be better after the 20,000 service )

simply if you complain about anything there's always a ready " in the future " answer :D.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A Suggestion

In one simple Fuel injection system , 2 devices (Commanders) would give the information to the ECU in form of different Voltages .

they are ATS ( Air Temperature Sensor ) and CTS ( Coolant Temperature Sensor ) .

ECU Uses it's programs to Decide to give Appropriate Command to Actuators , again in form of Different Voltages .

That Actuator that Sets The Idle Speed of Engine is Stepper Motor that is Attached to the Throttle Body Kit (Follow Accelertor Pedal Cable to get to Throttle Body Kit ) , Almost that stepper motor is in Black Colour .

So your problem Gets source from one of those three Devices ( Commanders = CTS or ATS ) and maybe ( Actuator = Stepper Motor ) .

they should check those 3 items for you . maybe you can order to the reception or technicians to check these 3 Items for you .

I hope your Problem Solves .

Good Luck

·
Registered
450 Posts
the disappearing coolant problem, if there is no obvious sign of water leaks, is probably a failed head gasket i'm afraid.

possible ways to confirm this are:

compression test of each cylinder (looking for one or more to be lower than others.

with the engine running and the water reservoir topped up but with the cap off, look for bubbles in the water, especially when revving the engine.

various other tell tales are traces of oil in the water ,traces of water in the oil, white smoke from exhaust.

if it proves to be the case then the head has to come off to replace the head gasket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chery A11 spare

please any body know the spare for the Chery A11 car available in Egypt market (out side agent( CIG) or not)?
And what is the part that common with the VW car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
name : said fahmy mosallam
region : egypt

after greetings, i have made a wide online search and this is the only e.mail adrees i have found,
and the reason i`m e.mailing you now is, i want to reach chery automobile company for a huge complain about your car which known as (A11 long) in egypt by your vendor ( commercial & industrial group ) a.k.a (C I G ) , i have bought three cars from your vendor ander the date
15/10/2006 , one of them had allot of problems about the engine , suspension , front lights, tail lights
and recently had a problem with the gear, any way i`ve sent it to your vendor`s work shop to fix the problem and after they made their check to find the problem they told me that the fifth gear group is broken and need to be changed which is going to cost me about (7500 l.e) on my expense,
and the made kilometers on the car are only 61000 , so abviously this is a manufacturer defect
and u have to fix on your expense by your vendor, and needless to say that you are a growing
company in egypt and in the middle east and the last thing you need is a ( bad reputation )
and we have a customer protection department which not going to accept this, and u need to know that there is allot of complains about your car in egypt. so please deliver this e.mail to the proper recipient to seek the problem, and finaly ( choose your vendors carfully ) .

e.mail : fady_ [email protected]
fax : 002 066 322 19 17

waiting for your reply. thank u very much.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: a car complain .

Hi Fady:
The dealer, or vendor as you call him, should be calling Chery to get help for these problems. If they don't honor the warranty agreement, then you might contact Chery direct and explain. Because it's unlikely that they visit this forum.

Be sure to be much more specific about the problem conditions you are encountering than you have been here.

I'm sure Chery would want to correct these conditions if it knew about them and of course if they occurred under normal operation of your vehicle.

Their global image and reputation is at stake here and I'm sure they want to protect it.

E-mail: [email protected]

Internet: http://www.cheryglobal.com/

Address:

Qirui Automobile Company, Ltd.
No 8, Changchun Road, Economic and Technological Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, 241009, P.R China

Tel: +86-(0)553-5923028, +86-(0)553-5922187
Fax: +86-(0)553-5923205

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: a car complain .

Fady, did you look up on Chery's website ?

You should try to contact Chery as soon as possible with all the information given by Dragin.

Quite a number of people now already complained about Chery's representatives in their countries. I hope Chery realises this, Chery is really working hard to improve their image and products. I hope Chery's future products won't be like those 2 or 3 years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bad experince with chery A11 in egypt

Friends is there some one can help me in my bad experince with chery A11 in egypt
my car has many problems in the engine & conditioner and i sent many complaints to the mother company in china with no responds from them now i'm sewing them and i'll go to the news paper to tell them my bad experince with chery
i put all money ihave in this car
i'll sell this car with any price
find below copy of my mails i sent to the mother company in china

Dear Sir

I think that you chased option number three & u don't care about your customer complaints as you know the Chinese products in Egypt have a perception that it's not a very good quality products & i think that your ignorance of my complaint prove that so kindly not that I still have many problems in my car & my lawyer start sewing procedures to your company & your service center in Egypt

not only this but I'll go to the most popular news paper in Egypt to tell every one in Egypt my bad experience with Chery cars

I'D LIKE TO TELL U THAT YOUR SERVICE CENTER IN EGYPT doesn't"T HAVE 90% OF THE CAR SPARE PARTS & NO ONE IN EGYPT HAVE SPARE PARTS TO THIS CARS EXCEPT YOUR SERVICE CENTER

Finaly I'd like to thank u about your care about your customers

by the way we bought 4 cherry cars to our collegues & we start re selling the 4 cars with any price

--- On Sun, 6/29/08, ahmed abeed <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: RE: Fw: complaint
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Sunday, June 29, 2008, 12:26 AM

dear sir
i know that it's the third time to send u complaint
but i don't know what to say this time
i received my car 43 days agoo while receiving it i found a big noise from the
engine and engineer tamer(the reciption engineer) told me it's normal
thing because of the new celender head & it could be from the exhoster if
it didn't disapear come to me & i'll change the exhoster
seal to you
and eng hisham (maintinance manager)told me before i received the car that the
disc needs to be changed and we dont't have this part in our stores
they told me to leave my contact data & they will call me as soon as they
get the part &there is no need to make check up to the engine
i call them(spare parts store) eash week to ask about this part and they replay
call tommorow the name of the guy is aymen
as you know i live in hurghada(500 km south east to chery service center) i
bocked a mintainance one week agoo to make check up to the car tommorow while
coming from hurghada to cairo today i founda very strange soise from the engine
& the engine switched off i found one of the poget is gone from the engine i
think it broke it's place and fla
yen a way off the engine i called road emergency & they shipped my car to
cairo and i paied another 1000 le not only this but my 2 kids(3 years & 1
year old) were very scared from the desert & craying
so i don't want this car any more
kindly i suggest 3 options choose one
1st to change my car with a brand new one (i'll bay normal
/depretiations for 2 years of usage)& give me 1000 le the fair of shipping
the car

2nd to give me my money back (car price 65000)(i'll bay normal
depretiations for 2 years of usage)
3rd i'll sew you as a car producer & your service center in egypt
belive me or not it's your reputetion & i'll not leave my
rights & my children's
my car now in your service center
if i didn't get a feed back tommorow i'll consider u choosed
option number 3
regardsa
ahemed abed
mob:0020108844555

ahmed abeed wrote:
> Dear Sir
> I've just received a phone call from engineer tamer "reception
engineer at Egypt service center" told me that cherry company in china
refused to fix part of my engine which will cost 2500 Le because it may be
happened because of high temperature in the engine I want tell u that I
didn't sea any sign in my car says that car temperature is high and my car
still under the warranty so how come I bay money in fixing this engine &
you refused it by mail on 8/4/2008 please I need your replay as soon as
possible
> Feel free to call me any time at my mobile number below Ahmed Abed Mob:
+20108844555 --- On Tue, 4/29/08, Ahmed abeed <[email protected].com>
wrote:
> From: ahmed abeed <[email protected]> Subject: Fw: complaint
To: [email protected] Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2008, 5:25 PM
> Dear Sir
> This is my second complaint from your service center in Egypt
> I sent them my car since the beginning of April-2008 because of my engine
broke down "I made 59500 Km with my car & I bought it in Feb-06"
till now I didn't receive my car i call receiving engineer each 2 days to
ask him about my car & he tells me it's not finished yet because they
don't have some spare parts in the engine
> kindly note that I'm working in sales & i cannot work without my
car the big issue that I called engineer Bahaa "the maintenance manager
2 days ago & told him about my complaint & how important is my car to
me & i asked him to give me a car until they finished my car he took my
mobile number &told me that he will call me after 10 minutes
> tell now I didn't receive any feedback & I'm trying to call
engineer hisham the center manager but i didn't reach to him
>
>
> Kindly note that we have 4 cars in my company & we facing the same
bad treatment
>
> we have a very bad service in Egypt & you may lose your repetition
& market share in Egypt please I need your response ASAP --- On Sat,
8/18/07, Ahmed abed <[email protected]> wrote:
> From: ahmed abeed <[email protected]> Subject: complain To:
[email protected] Date: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 4:53 PM
> Dear sir
> my name is Ahmed abed I'm from Egypt i have a cherry a11 car model
2006 i bought it on Feb-2006 i made 42000 km by this car
> I have a very big complain from your service center in Egypt as follow
> i work as a sales manager in hurghada"red sea" & it's
far from Cairo by 500 km
> i visit Cairo only for 3 days a month & the nearest service center
to me is in Cairo .
> they have a system is to book first before coming & every time i
book and go to tell them what i need in my car but i found it every time
that they didn't do any thing from my inquiries they only do the
maintenance and i must wait to the next month to go to them because i don't
have a time to go again at the same month.
> the last time there were some issues with my conditioner & i told
them what exactly i want but the didn't fix it but they made more problems
in my conditioner and i sent them the car for the third time in 3 days but they
told my it's an old error not from them theses very bad treatment I'm
facing from your service center from the beginning of 2007 & my car still
has these problem tell now
> Kindly find attached a copy from 2 jobs order one has the first visit
on 8/7/2007 and the other has "come back sign" after 2 days but tell
now i still have these problems & they made more problems in my car
> Please i need your response as soon as possible cause we bought 4 cars
to my company & we have the same issues
> Kindly note that your distributor & service center in Egypt is CIG
company
>
> fell free to call me any time on my mobile bellow
> +20108844555

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: bad experince with chery A11 in egypt

sorry to hear about your story.

weird Chery A11 always receives complaints. You're not the only one, a week ago we had a guy named Fady (also from Egypt) also complained about Chery A11. I am wondering if yours is the older generation one ?

Is Chery A11 is the only model Chery sells in Egypt ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts