China Car Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello i'm ardi from indonesia. I'm the latest owner of Wuling Cortez or Bao Jun 730. In Indonesia, Wuling Cortez has many problems in the suspension, especially in the noisy front when passing rough roads such as "tuk tuk tuk" and "DUG!!!" sound when passing the sleeping police with a speed of 15km/h.

is there a solution to overcome the above problems?

sorry for my bad english. i use google translate.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Cortez

Sounds like the undercarriage may be hitting the speed bump. Are your tires inflated as recommended?

Since the vehicle must be under warranty as new, what does the service center say? Persuade a technician to take a test drive with you and point out the problems; maybe the front suspension needs adjustment. (note one variant, the 1.8 L has different rear suspension than others, but then your problem is at the front)

Sorry, this forum has no owners who can help!

Check out the section "7. Driving dynamics" of this post. Maybe there is a solution there.
https://www.serayamotor.com/diskusi/viewtopic.php?t=27187

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
2019 Baojun 730

Minor updates for 2019 model, with the inclusion of a mild-hybrid energy saving/recuperating system:

https://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201811/926066.html

The range has been rationalized somewhat. The previous-generation CN201 "Classic" variants are now available with only the 1.5 L 112 hp engine and 5-speed manual. 1.5 T 150 hp (6MT) and 1.8 L 137 hp (AMT) "Classic" variants have been axed.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
It appears that Liuzhou Wuling Motor, in its joint venture with Guangxi Automobile Group, is producing Wuling (not Baojun) branded cars in places like Chongqing, Guilin and Qingdao, quite independently of the SAIC-GM venture. And now we see it is involved in an independent joint venture with maodou.com. So should there be a separate thread created for this manufacturer? Perhaps this has been sorted out in earlier discussions, which when searching I have been unable to find.

Note: I did find the related posts in Fulin Group & Guangxi Auto Partnership, post #3, with cross reference to the org chart, after all.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
It appears that Liuzhou Wuling Motor, in its joint venture with Guangxi Automobile Group,
Guangxi Automobile Group Co., Ltd. and Liuzhou Wuling Motors Co., Ltd. is the same entity. Liuzhou Wuling Motors Co., Ltd. is the former name of Guangxi Automobile Group Co., Ltd.

Guangxi Automobile Group Co., Ltd. and Wuling Automobile Group Holding Co., Ltd. (a Hong Kong-listed overseas company) have a joint venture called Liuzhou Wuling Automobile Industry Co., Ltd., however Wuling Automobile Group Holding Co., Ltd. itself is a subsidiary of Guangxi Automobile Group Co., Ltd.

is producing Wuling (not Baojun) branded cars
Guangxi Automobile Group Co., Ltd. and Liuzhou Wuling Automobile Industry Co., Ltd. do not produce cars (of the kind we recognize as "cars"). They produce auto parts, engines, commercial vehicles, modifications of light trucks, some types of buses, and special-purpose vehicles. Their products do carry the Wuling brand.

in places like Chongqing, Guilin and Qingdao, quite independently of the SAIC-GM venture.
Partially correct.

Guangxi Automobile Group Co., Ltd., Liuzhou Wuling Automobile Industry Co., Ltd. and their own subsidiaries do have factories in Chongqing and Qingdao, but not for cars.

SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile Co., Ltd. too has factories in Liuzhou (two), Chongqing and Qingdao for microbuses, light pickups and vans, cars, SUV/crossovers, and MPVs, produced under Wuling, Baojun, and Chevrolet brands. Except for the 18 Hexi Road factory (Liuzhou West factory), SAIC-GM-Wuling doesn't share any location with the Guangxi Automobile Group because the purposes of these plants are different. Guangxi Automobile Group supplies ancillaries to SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile, so it is convenient for the vendor to have some factories near the customer.

And now we see it is involved in an independent joint venture with maodou.com
No. The Wuling 730 is a product of SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile. With Maodou, it is an exclusive sales arrangement.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thank you for the clarification, D.Mitra.
My knee jerk reaction to the launching of the 730 with two different logos is what initially prompted my inquiry.
Then finding the link to the org chart in your earlier Post #3, told the story pretty well, but seeing it in the English version you provided, is what completed the picture.
http://www.wuling.com.cn/zzjg.aspx
However, I am still puzzled by SGMW offering the same model under two different brand names. Perhaps it is related to their, and Maodou's, export agenda.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts