China Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
17,574 Posts
This is 2009 BAW (Beijing Automobile Works) Luba:
http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3370

Other will know whether it is based on licensed Toyota technology or is just a Land Cruiser copy. BAW is also producing Hiace minivan.

Presentation of the SUV from their homepage.
BAW has introduced multipurpose off-road Luba into the market after careful examinations of the real driving conditions in China. Luba includes the following series: 3400, 3000, 2700 and 2400 etc. Supported by BAW's own off-road-vehicle production technology, the advanced design and imported core technologies, Luba means another hot point of the multipurpose off-road vehicles in the competitive market.

The performance of Luba 3400 can compete against any world famous peer. It is outstanding for its pure off-road chassis, Japanese engine, advanced V 6-cylinder, double roof camshaft and 24 effective fuel-burning valves. It provides 294 N.M torque while running 4000r/m and 136 KW while running 4800r/m. Thus its low speed with big torque and high speed with big power make it easier for the vehicle to start, climb and overtake.

The suspension system is also unique: double front suspension arms, coil spring with a stabilizator, rear coil spring with independent suspension of 4-rod connection. 4-rod connection system is especially advanced nowadays as it makes vehicles run smoothly with agility and coziness.

Another factor to Luba’s popularity is its massive and royal body. Recently, BAW has introduced many advanced processing techniques and materials to perfect the surface coating, assembly and interior decoration. Humanized technology is utilized in control system, driving systems and safety system. For example, steel plate placed in the roof, wave-shaped steel beams in each door, front & rear braking discs, ABS with load sensing pressure proportioning valve, and so on. All those advanced and complete safety devices will guarantee an easy and peaceful journey.

Luba pick-up:
http://www.360che.com/m12/3153_index.html

·
Registered
68 Posts
1990 - 98 Land Cruiser body, styling elements of 1st Prado, with copy of nose of current Prado grafted on the front. Bizarre

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

wow ... Land cruiser J9 .. sorry ... BAW Luba pickup version ... I want it in europe :D :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice SUV
I don't care if it is or is not a Toyota copy...

I would like to know prices
(being based in the UK and moving to Suzhou I have no way of knowing the prices of vehicles without some help form you guys, thanks)

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Lipstick on a ...?? Really, with a grand total of 47 made in the whole of 2016 and 35 delivered (some sources say 28), I wonder why they even bother!

·
Registered
287 Posts
The Luba still lives? Amazing! It was a clone of the 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado when it was launched in 2004. At that time wasn't exactly a real new thing. And still isn't after 21 years as a Toyota or 13 years as a BAW. Like Dmitra said, with so few sales (it must be more exclusive than a Ferrari in China :p) why do they bother?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts