China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
16,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beijing Auto debuts its own-brand models at Beijing auto show.

April 23, 2008 - The Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co., Ltd debuted six own-brand models carrying the “Beijing” logo at the 2008 Beijing international auto show.

Of the six own-brand models on display, three are ordinary and luxury “Beijing” concept cars: “Beijing 800”, "Beijing 700” and “Beijing 700R”, and two are new SUV and one Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV). The general manager of Beijing Automotive Wang Dazong said that Beijing Auto is dedicated to creating its independent R&D system. The concept cars on display this time are just the initial fruits of the R&D efforts by Beijing Auto and then the company will boost its R&D capability and production capacity on the basis of collecting lots of suggestions.

Meanwhile, the ‘Beijing’ trademark is also launched with a design similar to Chinese character “北" (which means ‘North’) "The ‘Beijing’ brand in the new era is promoted to be China-famous or even world-famous top passenger vehicle,” said Wang.

Sources said that the Hybrid Electric Vehicles on display are equipped with own-brand Double rotor machine (DRM) technology. The system has integrated the technologies of the electric control gasoline engine, double rotor machine (DRM), electromagnetic clutch, high-power Li-ion batteries.
source: Gasgoo.com

·
Administrator
16,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Beijing" brand cars to recover for production in 2010.

April 28, 2008 - As one of the time-honored Chinese car brands, the "Beijing" brand was restored to its former glory at the 2008 Beijing auto show. Three conventional "Beijing" cars, a new "Beijing" LOGO, and three "Beijing" mid-class and luxury sedan concepts were displayed at the show. The own-brand Beijing concept sedans is slated for mass production in 2010, said Xu Heyi, chairman of Beijing Auto.

The "Beijing" car is one of the earliest Chinese car brands. The BJ212 and BJ130 light utility vehicles were the masterpieces of Chinese auto industry back in the 1960s-1970s. With the opening of China's auto market, Beijing jeeps, once widely used for civilian and military purposes, faded from the fierce international competition for lack of new products to meet the market challenge and demands.

At this year's Beijing auto show, the "Beijing" brand cars showed sign of recovery. The famous brand will be restored to its former glory through its new series self-developed by Beijing Auto as its brand-new products in the mid-class and luxury segment. The Beijing 800 and Beijing 800 concepts displayed at the auto show are the first two models of the Beijing sedan series and will start production in 2010.

The launch of the new Beijing concept sedans is expected to bring the auto-making capabilities of Beijing Auto to a new height and build a window for the world to have a new look at the glorious "Beijing" brand cars.
source: Gasgoo.com

·
Registered
523 Posts
Baw B40 & B51

BAW is set to release two new models for 2010, the B40 and the B51. also, BAW is set to release two new sedans as well. The B40 as stated in another thread was shown the Beijing Auto Show but now it has been approved for production
B40

Can't find any pictures of B51. Sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2010 is around the corner... Hopefully the wheels are turning on getting these out. I would love to see the "Beijing" brand assert itself as a market leader in quality and style.

Anyone have more pictures (particularly the interior) of the 2500 (Cherokee) looking model? Since the B60 is like the Warrior, and the Wrangler-esque model is the B40, is the Cherokee based one the B51?

These models hitting the market would have a serious influence on my next vehicle purchase decision in China (depending upon specs and price of course).

Good job Beijing! Please learn from the shortcomings of the western car manufacturers... When a concept is successful, change as little as possible, and produce it quickly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the link martin. Where can one find a list of BAW/Beijing Jeep dealership locations? If chinabaw.cn is the main website, either it is poorly designed or my web browser has trouble with it.

Also, I meant to ask for pictures/info on the B50/B51. Not sure which number is for the silver Cherokee-based model on the first page of this thread. As it was stated that the B51 will go into production, let's hope that is its assignment. The interior will presumably be in-line with the B40 and B60? If so, that would be great, a huge step-up from the 2500/Qishi. Hopefully they upgraded the engine as well.

I'll be very interested to know when these are to be released. I was considering buying a B60, but if these are real, I would rather wait for a B50/51 or B40.

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts