China Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beijing Hyundai to make ‘QQ killer’

Beijing Hyundai are planning on creating a QQ killing car - Beijing Hyundai honestly really doesnt make any interesting mid size or small family cars here in China, so the newly proclaimed ‘Hyundai Getz’ (thats with a z) is likely to kick up some price wars in China, especially as the Chery A1 has just gone on the market.

The Hyundai Getz is Hyundais smallest car to date and comes with the choice of 1.1, 1.4 and 1.6 economy engines. The Getz is already selling well around the world.

Making the Getz in China is a smart move into a lucrative market, this year the sales of super minis like the QQ, Getz, etc have already over taken the number of larger passenger vehicles in China. It is a market that can only get bigger, especially with the number of new drivers that wish to buy something small, fashionable and more importantly, cheap, before progressing onto bigger vehicles.

·
Registered
132 Posts
mememe said:
Beijing Hyundai are planning on creating a QQ killing car - Beijing Hyundai honestly really doesnt make any interesting mid size or small family cars here in China, so the newly proclaimed ‘Hyundai Getz’ (thats with a z) is likely to kick up some price wars in China, especially as the Chery A1 has just gone on the market.
LOL, QQ killer. :lol: If they could they would have done so long time ago. These days Chery is kicking those stupid korean sour asses all around the world.

mememe said:
The Hyundai Getz is Hyundais smallest car to date and comes with the choice of 1.1, 1.4 and 1.6 economy engines. The Getz is already selling well around the world.
According to the latest JD Powers survey, when you try to see a midium quality car to Americans, 74% would be interested. When you put on a Hundai or Kia logo, only 24% would still be interested. In China, the number is even lower as more and more Chinese turn to Chery and really start to look down on koreans (well, plenty of present and historical reasons :lol: ).

Car industry is certainly not the future for koreans. They should stick to the only thing they know well that is making kimchi.

mememe said:
Making the Getz in China is a smart move into a lucrative market, this year the sales of super minis like the QQ, Getz, etc have already over taken the number of larger passenger vehicles in China.
LOL, you muyst be living in a cave somewhere in korea.

korean car makers are losing serious grounds in China this year, the chinese partner already are seriously reconsidering the JV.

In US, koreans are doing even worse. 30 years after first landing in US, they are still only taking about 1% and dropping. LOL, stupid koreans have no future, I've been telling you that. When Chery, SAIC and others get here, the first to go out of Window would be hundai and his gay spouse -kia.

mememe said:
It is a market that can only get bigger, especially with the number of new drivers that wish to buy something small, fashionable and more importantly, cheap, before progressing onto bigger vehicles.
China is certainly a growing market, but closed to hundai and kia as they can't offer anything better than Chery, Geely and others.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Getz has been here in Egypt since 2003, it's NOT cheap, it costs more than a Chery A5, how could they make it even cheaper than QQ, or even around its price tag in China?!

I know they are gonna save on the shipping costs, but they are not THAT much!

·
Registered
481 Posts
It can be alot cheaper than the A5 , there's a basic 1.0 GS model , that is on sale in the UK for about $7000 , if it can be made in china , drop that to $5000 and there's ur QQ killer .

Anyways if they are PLANNING to make a QQ killer , then chery should be proud , that its replica that everyone know is a replica , is selling well and competitors are trying to compete !

·
Registered
183 Posts
KING_OF_HILL said:
LOL, QQ killer. :lol: If they could they would have done so long time ago. These days Chery is kicking those stupid korean sour asses all around the world.

According to the latest JD Powers survey, when you try to see a midium quality car to Americans, 74% would be interested. When you put on a Hundai or Kia logo, only 24% would still be interested. In China, the number is even lower as more and more Chinese turn to Chery and really start to look down on koreans (well, plenty of present and historical reasons :lol: ).

Car industry is certainly not the future for koreans. They should stick to the only thing they know well that is making kimchi.

LOL, you muyst be living in a cave somewhere in korea.

korean car makers are losing serious grounds in China this year, the chinese partner already are seriously reconsidering the JV.

In US, koreans are doing even worse. 30 years after first landing in US, they are still only taking about 1% and dropping. LOL, stupid koreans have no future, I've been telling you that. When Chery, SAIC and others get here, the first to go out of Window would be hundai and his gay spouse -kia.

China is certainly a growing market, but closed to hundai and kia as they can't offer anything better than Chery, Geely and others.

Is this the expression of you inferiority complex regard to korean? The guy didn't even mentioned word of "korean" nor korean is superior than chinese....
He just thought Getz can be the competitor of QQ. Where your all this comment from?

And where the 30 years from? Do you have a back-up for that? They begun to sell the car in us late 80s.....which make about 20 years.....

And where 1% came from??

Hyundai Sales

Hyundai, seventh in the U.S., sold 37,365 vehicles, spokesman Miles Johnson said. Increases for Accent small cars and the new Santa Fe SUV didn't offset declines for Sonata sedans and Tucson compact SUVs. The company's U.S. sales rose 0.1 percent in 2006 to 455,520, its smallest gain in eight years.

The decline lowered Seoul-based Hyundai's market share 0.3 point to 2.6 percent in December. Hyundai's full-year market share rose to 2.8 percent, up 0.1 point.

Hyundai affiliate Kia Motors Corp. sold 30,004 vehicles last month, 60 percent more than a year ago. The Seoul-based company's gain was led by a sales surge for Optima and Spectra sedans and higher sales of Sedona minivans. Kia's full-year sales rose 6.7 percent to 294,301.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ahuH.nnog5X8&refer=home

Mazda,Mitsbuish,subaru,szuki..etc all of them are behind hyundai.... but did they go to Us later than Hyundai??

Do you even know that hyundai's sale almost doubled from 2000 to 2005?
And their sales have been increased slowly from last year.... there were some change in their sales... sale of midsize car or SUV are increasing very fast while small cars are staying at same place. May be you don't care what this mean.... They're moving up!

Hyundai's all-new 2007 Santa Fe continued it strong pace with an increase over June 2006 of 37 percent, followed closely by Sonata which experienced a 28 percent sales increase. Our 2007 fuel-efficient Elantra kept the momentum going in its segment increasing sales 8 percent over June 2006, along with the Entourage that more than doubled its sales over the same period last year.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070627/BUSINESS01/706270357/1014

http://www.autospies.com/news/Hyundai-Sales-Rise-11-in-June-17190/

Only 2 things correct from your comment is about their brand name and losing battle in China.

Even Hyundai knows about the issue with the brand, I think that's why they put so much effort on "Genesis", which has been on the road test for more than 2 years.. Well, we can see when they actually bring the car what change it can make to the brand name.

And I know Hyundai is having a difficulty in china. I think it might be because of the strong korean currency. Due to the strong currency, every korean companies are screaming recently... and moreover there is the price discount war in china. May be that's why they don't even bring the new elantra yet. So, they have less room to cut the price than other japanese companies and they still selling old sonata and old elantra.... And I heard the new santa fe that is selling in China is fully assembled in Korea, not china (This might make santa fe more expensive than RAV or CRV... What else can make it worse...

But in the other hand, I'm wonder if Hyundai is really serious about china. Coz, recently kia released "Ceed" that is designed for Europe. Later this year, Hyundai's i30, which share the platform of ceed, will be released in Europe either. However, there were no concept car or news about developing the subcompact car like QQ when they should know QQ is the best selling car in china.

When Chery, SAIC and others get here, the first to go out of Window would be hundai and his gay spouse -kia.

Ultra nationalist plus the discrimination about the gay.... you're the perfect human being....hahaha

:mememe

I don't think Getz can be QQ killer. Coz Getz is closer to accent and there is the sub compact car "Atoz",which can be compared to QQ. However, Atoz is slightly bigger than even Matiz and more expensive either. Atoz was introduced in 1997, but it's not on sale in korea anymore. It's only available in other countries like India..etc

·
Registered
198 Posts
Inferior complex towards Koreans?.... lol you gotta be kidding me.

For what?... seriously for what? because you can make MP3 players and LCD screenies?

Anyway, back to the topic. Korean brands are doing okay in Europe these years, however they are seriously losing ground in China. It is not because of Won is strong or not, simply the strategy is not right. In China people naturally think Korean cars should be cheaper than Japanese cars and all went pretty well when Sonata was much cheaper than Accord, plus that segment A sedan Elantra was one of the best sellers made some of the "elite" in Hyundai China's administration overjoyed and made a decision that their latest Sonata, known as Hyundai NF, should sell at the price of Accord. Unfortunately, their Chinese clients don't think likewise and the Sonata II just couldn't sell. They have a selling ratio of 1:10 against a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry, a total defeat in Chinese market.

Honestly speaking, Chinese are not crazy about Hyundai.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You misunderstood my point....man. The original poster never mentioned thing about korean vs china...however look youself how king of the hill brought the comment....also plus....writing all the rubbish that is based on his hate not the fact.... Althought I'm korean, I'm not a fan of hyundai....and I've never owned one so far..... In fact, I don't care where the car is made from... coz i pay my money and no matter what reason make you choose the car..when the car have problems....you'll be the one who is living with those problems.....not the company... So, I'm ready to change the car to any car maker if they have one make me happy... and I don't care if someone bash Hyundai but provide reasonable details rather than the pure insulting with the wrong info...

And regard to the the strategy...... what do you think the best point to buy "hyundai"?.... IMO,it's the price but hyundai has less room left to catch up the discount war in China due to the strong korean won. Keeping the current price itself will be like giving a discount from the view of Hyundai. Also which means that Hyundai might not earn enough money so they have slower change up of new models... The only updated models in china NF, Accent and tucson(from the beijing hundai web site). My mean they have new cars to sell, but they don't bring thoes to china....why would that be....just coz they have a wrong strategy?

-ps Actually, I don't get why the admin still let this guy (king of hill) be around this site while they banned RIHC. Is it because he is a chinese? or Only chinese are allowed to say anything on this site? The level of words he has spewed out in this site were much worse than RIHC..

·
Registered
481 Posts
the endless Korea Vs China ... threads ..

well if I have to comment :D

JAPANEESE AUTO PWNS BOTH OF YOU :d
lol j/k

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nope...it's not. Actually, I was pointing at "king of Hill"'s comment...

The other day, I saw this guy called the new guy,who was asking to post one of chery's car as "moron" coz it could be found through the google or previous posts in this sites. But check his all comments how much he googled before writing his comment and what kind of stuff he wrote despite this site is about the car...

·
Registered
33 Posts
mememe said:
Making the Getz in China is a smart move into a lucrative market,
The sub-compact and mini-car market in China is not lucrative. High sales volume with falling prices has recently meant lower, zero or negative margins. The majority of producers selling in these segments are losing money from those sales. Exporting the same vehicle to other developing markets they are making enough to the point where exporting one vehicle subsidies the sale of between eight and ten in China.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts