China Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
That cover alarmed me when I looked at it, too.

This is the same as the '07 Mitsubishi Outlander new for '07 in the U.S. that you're showing here. This new SUV and the Lancer like mine for 2008 are helping to reverse Mitsubishi sales fortunes in the U.S. I am really enjoying my Lancer GTS with the full bodykit, foglights, Sunroof, Rockford Fosgate 650-watt 6-CD stereo, Bluetooth-capable, micron filtration system, whiplash-restraint headrests, driver's knee and side and side curtain airbags, ABS w/EBD brake system, tire pressure monitoring system and driver's information interactive system on the dash.

·
Administrator
16,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rally Red Lancer GTS said:
I am really enjoying my Lancer GTS with the full bodykit, foglights, Sunroof, Rockford Fosgate 650-watt 6-CD stereo, Bluetooth-capable, micron filtration system, whiplash-restraint headrests, driver's knee and side and side curtain airbags, ABS w/EBD brake system, tire pressure monitoring system and driver's information interactive system on the dash.
Japanese and American producers still have a long way to catch up with Europeans in small cars class. All mentioned items have been available in Europe years ago in small cars also. My Opel Astra for example has (standard or as option) bi-xenon lights, heated seats in leather/fabric, auto-dimming inside mirror, illuminated door handles, ESP, rain sensors,... I could also order 18'' wheels, start/stop ignition button, adaptive lights, navigation... When buying the car I could choose between 8 engines, 4 trim levels (each with unique interior design), 14 exterior colours and numerous options. And that was 2 years ago!
In USA basic Lancer does not have ABS and in Europe you practicaly can't buy a car without it anymore.

·
Administrator
16,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mitsubishi stops producing the Outlander in China

Mitsubishi stops producing the Outlander in China.

Beijing-Benz stoped producing the first generation Mitsubishi Outlander due to an end of contract which doesnt seem to have been renewed. The Outlander delivered a shock to the Chinese auto market when it was first released in China, its unusual styling halfway between station wagon and SUV made it popular with city folk who wanted to ride above the rest. The 2nd generation Outlander is now available in China, but it is an imported model and is around 300,000rmb compared to the first generation Outlander which was around 150,000rmb to 210,000rmb.
source: China Car Times

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Mitsubishi Outlander

Now that Mitsubishi and BAIC have parted ways, and quit the Outlander production, why not produce the new generation with one of Mitz's other partners like Soueast or Changfeng? I never could understand why it wasn't produced by one of them before.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Hi all
Here is hot news form the Mitsubishi corner that its power packed Outlander SUV will be coming in hybrid version in 2013, Mitsubishi is planing for it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Excellent. Mitsubishi is my favorite carmaker and I wait for any and all Mitsubishi news with baited breath. I am awaiting news on the Lancer GTS Hybrid due out in 2013 as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Japanese and American producers still have a long way to catch up with Europeans in small cars class. All mentioned items have been available in Europe years ago in small cars also. My Opel Astra for example has (standard or as option) bi-xenon HID headlights, heated seats in leather/fabric, auto-dimming inside mirror, illuminated door handles, ESP, rain sensors,... I could also order 18'' wheels, start/stop ignition button, adaptive lights, navigation... When buying the car I could choose between 8 engines, 4 trim levels (each with unique interior design), 14 exterior colours and numerous options. And that was 2 years ago!
In USA basic Lancer does not have ABS and in Europe you practicaly can't buy a car without it anymore.
I cannot believe basic Lancer in usa do not have ABS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Martin. The car looks great and beautiful with stunning looks and probably awesome power. Sad to know that the production of the car has been stopped for China. I just wanted to know that what are the other countries where this great car is about to be launched ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts