China Car Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
chinoy54 said:
I'm officially requesting admin to create a new thread for BEIQI FOTON. Its one of the biggies in the chinese auto industry, & aggressively exporting.
You are right chinoy54. Beiqi Foton is a industry force to be reckoned with and recognized. As we see in Pokershark's article, Foton is a subsidiary of BAIHC (Beijing Auto Industry Holding Corp). So like Beijing Hyundai, Beiijing Auto Works, and Beijing Jeep (the former American Motors and Beijing Auto Works joint venture of 1983) it falls under the BAIHC umbrella.

If there's no justification for a separate thread for this truckmaker, I think there should be one for BAIHC whose holdings include passenger cars.

Given its hefty assets, I am surprised that it chooses to assemble a pickup that it purchases from body manufacturer Fudi Auto rather than designing its own. They use Fudi's short wheelbase version seen above.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
that surprised me as well. i mentioned that anomaly to the marketing people, very politely i might add, since they are sensitive about it, & they sheepishly replied that, in their rush to enter the pick-up truck market, w/ch they see as a growth area in the next few years, they cobbled together the sup. as of november, 2006 they have produced their own pick-ups although still in the old design, w/ch was disappointing. as you can see from their products, they are not particularly innovative in design, but are a solid manufacturing firm. they should get some italian design firm to crank out some concepts for them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
hmm...im just thinking whether it should get its own subforum, and if so ,,,where should it go...

ccf members and mods...please advise
well, they don't make cars, so they don't belong in the car forum, but they make pick-ups, suvs, & now have introduced an mpv, w/ch should place them in the car forum. its a toss up, in my opinion. flip a coin, i'll go w/ whatever you decide.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts