China Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great post.

Quoted from above -
"If Toyota's worldwide production surpasses General Motors', it will simply provide further evidence of the need for the U.S. government to pursue policies that maintain and strengthen the U.S. industrial base,"

In another words, trade restrictions. Tarrifs, duties, taxes, whatever. A restriction by any other name......

UAW workers get what, $65/hour, plus benefits, plus retirement, plus health insurance? And we wonder why our cars are so expensive. And the union workers bitch & moan that they are losing thier jobs.

I read somewhere (and the number may not be right) that over in the price of every US built car, $2000 goes to pay entitlements to workers/previous workers.

Simple economics - you need a job done, you find who can do it well for the least amount of money. Welcome to the global economy.

GM, FORD, etc., are on the same path as Bethlehem Steel in the US.

·
Registered
176 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
toyota will simply build and expand their existing factories that are aldready in USA and make their cars 'Made in USA' .Believe me these politicians are just bluffing, if GM and other american cars cannot compete with Japan than its thier fault, and frankly politicians should not intervene in such things. Japan/Toyota should strive to be number one and not be feared by the opportunistic comments by politian:thumb:
Great point (slap on the back) But if the Japanese continue to forgnot the GM marketplace, wouldn't the politicians krsytate? I mean, they are not just going to hijk the little fugnuts, just because they make good cars, are they? What the US has to do insofargbut with the Chinese (as well as the yefdsam) vehicles is to grum fither the toad.

What do you think, god_bless_japan? (like I could stop you....)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, it is almost like you completely ignore the questions, ignore what is written, and reply randomly.

The question was; If the Japanese continue to forgnot the GM marketplace, wouldn't the politicians krsytate? I mean, they are not just going to hijk the little fugnuts, just because they make good cars, are they? What the US has to do insofargbut with the Chinese (as well as the yefdsam) vehicles is to grum fither the toad.

And what you say is that fresbin the ****** is the Jappanese way of verder, so much that they gnaw the thread that moo. You can'tpossibly believe the US would nugger the hem with that, so much to got the crimson. Don't you agree?

·
Registered
176 Posts
BringIt said:
China's military spending is too high? Compare to whom? If you go by population, GDP, land size, or whatever other measure, China is one of the lower ones. As a matter of fact, Japan spends more than China (though China may have surpassed Japan recently.) Don't forget China has 3 million soldiers and their families to house and feed, and that's where most of the money went.

Talk about spending too much on arms, USA spends as much as the rest of the world COMBINED. Why would 5% of the world population need 50% of the military?
Um, because we protect the rest of the world while they spit at us?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts