China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
These pictures would be better if there was an Audi A4 on the right side of the Junjie and if it included some interior comparison photos. The Junjie probably could succeed in the United States if it developed a reputation as the BMW 3-series stripped of the electronic gizmos and luxury items that weigh down, increase the price, and cause dissatisfaction in the 3-series.

http://www.autoweb.com/content/research/vir/index.cfm/vehicle_number_int/1016876/Action/Reliability
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397373

·
Registered
59 Posts
BMWs don't have reliability problems as you play them out to be...you're thinking of Mercedes-Benz, who was plagues with electronics problems.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Even the germans themselves are complaining about BMW quality... Check some german BMW forum's or reliability stats, you'll be surprised :)
It actually stopped me from buying one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like Junjie. With 17" or 18" wheels and lower it, it should look really nice. If they bring it to US market, I'm sure it will sell and I will definitely buy one.

·
Registered
561 Posts
ill take the bmw anyday since its kindof more reliable and people know about it, but i think the zhonghua looks more better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kind of more reliable? Please... The BMW will be MUCH more reliable than that car. People always say BMWs don't have good quality, but the worldwide standard in automotive reliability studies says differently.

Just because Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi have shoddy reliability reports doesn't necessarily mean BMW does too, which is a common misconception people have.

Besides, BMW throws in free maintenance for 4 years. After that, you should be able to afford the regular maintenance after spending 40K for a car. If you can't, buy a Toyota then. ;)

·
Registered
561 Posts
the lexus and toyota there was a suprise. the most reliable cars from your chart somehow the ones that doesnt have very massive sales though. maby with less cars to build the percentage that something goes wrong, who knows?? all i know is that theres probally a reason there are so many toyotas rolling on the streets even though its more expensive than a kia.

·
Registered
196 Posts
BringIt said:
The new BMW's is also having some overheating problems in US...
this must be a small problem. i've never heard of it.

my fathers bmw (5 series) never had one problem. daily driven, street and highway. he owns a 3 series now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Toyota (daihatsu, hino, and lexus) quality is very good.
My grandfather owned a toyota for 20 years until i died ( do you remember when a car was supose to last that long?).
I own a toyota corolla 2003 with 340.000 kms driving in third world roads and it never failed me.
But i had some real bad experiences with seat and ssangyoung, that were more expensive than my toyota for instance

·
Registered
67 Posts
ON the outside I prefer the Junjie 100%... Does anybody knows how did JunJie wnt in the C-NCAP tests ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
oo4load said:
Even the germans themselves are complaining about BMW quality... Check some german BMW forum's or reliability stats, you'll be surprised :)
It actually stopped me from buying one.

PUUUHHH THAT HURTS.
Iam Chinese-German.
Everybody in Germany knows that BMW is one of the best car brands in the world.
The "facts" about low BMW quality are absolutely wrong.

Germans have the so called TUV. As Brilliance tried to enter german market, they had to get their cars through TUV. (TUV is a safety and quality control organisation)
They got 1 of 5 points which means failed.
At a second try they got about 2 points. Now they are allowed. But who wants a 2 point car??

BMWs are build for Autobahn. That means no speedlimits!!! Ok partwise you have limits, but a BMW has to tolerate high speed.
But the law also says, that there have to be a electronic barrier, so cars can not drive faster than 256km/h.
So the ingeneers are forced to build good cars. But lets have a look at 90% of all brands in the rest of the world. Their cars have only to tolerate a maximum speed of about 130km/h --> so the ingeneers can be lazy.

The ADAC also tested chinese tires. mhm bad...or dangerous?? ok maybe they are build for low speed traffic.

I was on the Leipzig Automobile Convention.
There was a CEO and some Gonow pickups.
I watched inside a CEO and was shocked about the glue spots. The interieur was badly produced.

Chinese cars have sadly a suicidal image in Europe. Japanese cars have a good image. Sometimes germans call them rice cooking machines :D but they know that f.e. Toyota produces very good cars.
Work hard brilliance !! I want some cool unique and safe chinese cars in europe :D

PS: I have nothing against chinese cars. But that stupid comments are funny.
I think it will take about 10 years until chinese cars are able to establish in Germany.
Until now I have never seen one on the streets. (because of TUV)

In 2.5 years i want to make an internship in a chinese car factory.
At the moment I am studying Business and Economy.
I want to share my knowledge then.
Because there are simple essential things which have to be changed to provide success.

(You do not have to study Business to recognize the bad marketing of Hafei. If you look for the 360° view of the saibao III on their homepage you will see that the exterieur is bugged. And look at the inside O_O why is there plasticfoil on the left backseat?? And whats with the thread at the end of the seam? (at the head-rest)
Are they stupid??? I would have kicked the marketing Team. They are only worth a laugher.
If you give the people a bad presentation, the people will associate that the whole car is bad.)
A car needs twice. Good quality on the one hand, and with the same worth a good image and unique design on the other hand.

Please dont judge me as arrogant because I am not!! even if it sounds like I am . =)
Have a nice day!
May the wind blow always into ya back!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have seen Brilliance car crash tests. I can't say I would want to own one, not even if its half the price of a BMW.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
kktvr4 said:
I have seen Brilliance car crash tests. I can't say I would want to own one, not even if its half the price of a BMW.

Look mate, none here claims that Brilliance is better than BMW, we all know about Brilliance crash test but they did improve, Brilliance still has a lot to learn from BMW, plus Brilliance is not even in the US yet so how can you buy it ? :lol: I don't see the point of your comment here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mememe said:
Look mate, none here claims that Brilliance is better than BMW, we all know about Brilliance crash test but they did improve, Brilliance still has a lot to learn from BMW, plus Brilliance is not even in the US yet so how can you buy it ? :lol: I don't see the point of your comment here.
Its pretty obvious CBA is not available in the US. Who said CBA is better than BMW? Your kind of putting words in my mouth here. Would you buy a car with a 1-2 star crash test rating? Probably not. Do you get my comment now?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts