China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Brilliance cars really do suck. As a European I think they will bomb badly, so badly in fact that I doubt many people will complain as no one will buy them in the first place. Truly shocking and hideously built cars.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No and I think the reason you harp on about Nanjing is because your actually pretty worried that they may be the next big car maker....

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think Nanjing is aiming to be in the USA in 2008 with MG....

I really don't think it matters who gets there first, it's what impression they create when they get there. Brilliance got wripped apart by the German and UK press when they launched there and although the US can be less demanding I still think this is a big ask for them. Their cars simply aren't good enough yet.

Just compare the Zhongua to the MG 7 from Nanjing. The MG is acceptable to the USA because the fit and finish is excellent and it has a great brand. Brilliance has neither. Develop some decent models first before trying this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Why rush in with a product that's going to get hammered by the press and US safety groups? I just think they should concentrate on getting the product right and selling it in China first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts