China Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
now inspiring is illegal too

its alot easier to bash something i think than to be at least neutral
but then again the nickname tells everything .

·
Registered
481 Posts
maybe a Datsun skyline ? torque ? :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is not a shame to be a newer but it is a shame that some old guys fear of his challenge.

This Brilliance (ZhongHua) (do not spell it wrong) new sports car might not be a perfect car with best handling, speed or workmanship, however, it is definitely a big step forward of Automobile Industry in China. One day, Chinese cars will be among the best cars list. This day will come, very soon.

One more thing, if someone likes Japanese cars too much, ask your Japanese car makers to F**k off producing their parts in China. I really want to see how much a Japanese cars will cost and if anyone in the world will buy them? Haaaa haha , sorry, I really have to laugh at the short sighted ambitiously.

Cheers, Chinese Automobile Makers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
bluffer said:
New Pictures Brilliance M3. Nice car - probably engine 1.8T 170 hp (5 500), 235Nm (2 000 - 4 500), 0-100 -> 10,3 sec. (with aut. gearbox), Vmax - 220 km/h.

Source: (autochiny.pl)

220 km/h ? You don't really mean that. I think 220 meils a day :D

Greetings

Bebbi

·
Registered
507 Posts
When a baby take his first steps, do you laugh and say he can't run?

Once the baby grows up, he may just take your lunch and eat it too.

This is a very big and bright baby by the way.

The Japanese cars only got good in the last 18 years, and NOT all of them.

The Koreans, well, not there yet but arguably only in the last 3 years, and again, NOT all of them.

The Chinese cars is already at the early 90's level of other Asian makers, and catching up fast. Get ready to eat crow.

Why is it hard to believe this car can do more than 200 km/hr? With a turbo engine of high torque and good hp, a light and aerodynamic body, proper gearing (hopefully a slick manual 6 spd), I can see it do 200+ km/hr easy. (That's kilometers, not miles.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brilliance BC3 (M3)

The past few auto magazines I have received in the mail have all had snap-shots of the Brilliance BC3; are there any plans to bring this vehicle to the US? For the money I would expect a car like this to be priced at, I am more in favor of the BC3's styling over the likes of its Japanese, Korean and US rivals.

·
Registered
459 Posts
As of yet there are no plans to bring Brilliance vehicles to NA that I know of. Personally I'm a fan of M3, I think it looks kick ass.

·
Registered
10 Posts
AXLE said:
As of yet there are no plans to bring Brilliance vehicles to NA that I know of. Personally I'm a fan of M3, I think it looks kick ass.
There actually are plans for Brillance to enter the US market. Peter M. DeLorenzo, who runs an auto market watcher website, seems to think they are the most likely the first Chinese company to do so:

tttp://ww.autoextremist.com/page6.shtml#table (this link will expire in a week and be replaced by next week's comments-substitute http for tttp, since there seems to be a silly rule about newbies not posting direct links here)

Publisher's Note: I had the pleasure of attending (and speaking at) the Bel Air Partners Elite Dealer Summit in New York last week, a very interesting gathering of top dealers and dealer groups from all over the country. The focus of the meeting was the emerging Chinese automobile industry and the eventual reality of Chinese vehicles being imported here. There were a series of speakers on Thursday and Friday, but by far the most interesting sequence occurred when Malcolm Bricklin did a presentation, followed shortly by a representative from Brilliance China Automotive. Always entertaining and filled with quips and funny lines, Bricklin got up and promised he would be back - this time importing Chinese hybrid vehicles, after first settling his dispute with Chery (Daimler AG waltzed-in and took Chery out from under him, according to Bricklin). All of the usual promises and hype - a Bricklin specialty - were made in vintage loosey-goosey style, and Malcolm even waved around poster boards with artist's rendering of his proposed "world-beater" Chinese car. Of course, he alluded to the fact that he had all of the problems associated with this advanced technology solved and that his partners had figured out the whole battery "thing" and then he was gone, leaving everybody wondering if there was anything there "there" - per usual. But Bricklin's misfortune was that after a break the representative from Brilliance China Automotive got up and proceeded to deliver the most buttoned-up, detailed and seamless presentation you can imagine, delineating every detail from vehicle importation sites, sales regions, product development and testing all the way to product photos and even initial pricing. Everyone in the room couldn't help but be impressed, and everyone in attendance that day knew they were witnessing the beginnings of the first serious Chinese threat to the status quo in the U.S. market. What I also took away from that meeting was that Brilliance China Automotive effectively put an end to Malcolm Bricklin's career. The juxtaposition between the two presenters was painfully striking, with Bricklin and all of his smoke and mirrors bluster going up against a thoroughly detailed presentation perfectly suited to the new century and the global scope of the automobile business. - PMD

·
Registered
11 Posts
M3 Coupe Cockpit

As to our OEM-database the M3 Coupe shows SOP July 07 with an intial production volume of 5K units (2008:10K, 2009:12K, 2010:15K).

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
1stVEngineInAsia_HongQi said:
One more thing, if someone likes Japanese cars too much, ask your Japanese car makers to F**k off producing their parts in China. I really want to see how much a Japanese cars will cost and if anyone in the world will buy them? Haaaa haha , sorry, I really have to laugh at the short sighted ambitiously.
Japanese mass produce car parts in china because of cheap labour and land values, and makes economic sense in terms of entering the Chinese market.

Cheers, Chinese Automobile Makers!
what is there to cheer about, most chinese cars are inferior Japanese knockoffs, over a decade old in terms of design and technical issues.

·
Registered
314 Posts
ABC Ltd. said:
As to our OEM-database the M3 Coupe
Now we have a Chinese car names after a BMW:D :p , well thats the only thing the Zhounga will share with the Real Article:p

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Nice I love hearing good news from brilliance. I wish the best for brilliance, I know they will do well. They always remember to do their own homeworks although getting help from the German side. Brillance hardly (or never) copy any design from other makes.If brilliance passes all the tests, it can improve the image of Chinese cars in general, hope something like other Chinese will not happen to brilliance. Seriously I see no hope no Chery or Geely, they copy too much and the quality is quite low as well. GO GO GO BRILLIANCE.

61 - 80 of 132 Posts