China Car Forums banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Brilliance's new sportcar - BC3 (M3)

Anyone out there know of any owner reviews of this car after a few months of owning it? It came out in September?

Anyone have any insight on who may have helped them with with this new 6 speed transmission? Sounds like this car could (or maybe not ;-)) be lots of fun with this new update? - Seems kinda odd, that they didn't wait to do it as a model year improvement?

·
Registered
29 Posts

Anyone have any insight on who may have helped them with with this new 6 speed transmission? [/QUOTE]

6MT from GETRAG (Jiangxi) Transmission Co., Ltd, a China-Germany Joint Venture between GETRAG CORPORATE GROUP (Germany) and Jiangling Motor Group (China)

·
Registered
305 Posts

OK, I FINALLY had a chance to see this car in person.........WHAT A CAR. Pictures don't do it justice - it is just BEAUTIFUL. Nice aggressive stance, sporty but very classy interior, TONS of room with the back seats folded down and the best part.........ONLY 120,000rmb!! Yes, that is with the normal 1.8 engine, but STILL quite a deal. I'm not a real speed demon - I just need enough power to cruise on the highway comfortably so the regular 1.8 would do me just fine. It's also very nicely equipped even with the basic model - no "stripped down" car here AT ALL. IMO, the M3 is JUST as beautiful (maybe even more) than the Hyundai coupe, and you can save 40-50,000rmb as well. Geely's China Dragon? Let's not even go there. The Chery M14? Nice car, but WHEN is it going to get here?????? SO........................for MY money, the M3 is the best deal going for a sports car in China right now. Yes, you can get faster cars (a LOT faster), but A LOT more expensive and none are more attractive. I'll save my money (both in purchase and potential speeding tickets) and buy the M3!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Basic shape is okay, could use a front and rear re-style. Based on Brilliance's abysmal crash results the coupe must be more of a rolling "kill-me" sign than anything else. The pricing on Brilliance cars in the UK is on par with that of a Camry, so what is the compelling reason to buy a Brilliance over a Scion Tc or even a Hyundai Tiburon? It seems that Brilliance cars really compete with Proton / Perodua, just at a higher price w/less saftey. Also I know Mitsubishi has been the Japanese equivalent to Fiat in terms of licensing designs (and selling drivelines), but they are the worst of the Japanese makes, they are the reason that so many chryslers are bad as well.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts