China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
damn

I always thought that Brilliance is doing much better than Chery because of all those investment and tech that they put in. Well It seems like Brilliance still has a lot of works to do eh.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Why wasn't an internal crash test done prior to exporting? I fail to see how they can decide to export this car had the test came out with bad results.

The people who made the decision to export to EU should be shot. What morons...

·
Registered
99 Posts
BringIt said:
Why wasn't an internal crash test done prior to exporting? I fail to see how they can decide to export this car had the test came out with bad results.

The people who made the decision to export to EU should be shot. What morons...

Well, they did :) "Brilliance zum Crashtest: "Die Bewertung bestätigt die internen Brilliance-Tests, die in der Summe nicht zufriedenstellend sind."

Brilliance about the crashtest: "The score confirms internal Brilliance tests, which are not satisfactory". We know it's crap, but we sell it anyway.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Always wanted to know what difference 8km/h makes? Well, a lot :)

C-NCAP works with 56km/h. EU-Legislation works with 56km/h.

EURONCAP = 64km/h

It may seem like a safe car in test A, but fail test B. If we'd start a new test, with speeds of 72km/h, all current 'safe cars' would probably fail. That this car failed the NCAP test doesn't mean it's an 'unsafe car', it just means it's "not safe in a crash above 56km/h against a car of equal or more weight."

·
Registered
99 Posts
mg-zs said:
So you saying buy it and never drive faster then 64km/h:D
I'm saying cars can't be categorised as 'safe' or 'unsafe' just because of 1 specific test at a specific speed. These safety campaigns have brainwashed us into believing that 5star cars are "safe". But the truth is the result at 72km/h would be the similar to the BS6 at 64.

My '94 Hyundai Scoupe did reasonably well in the US full width frontal test which was standard at the time... It's all a matter of perspective.

Know why a 2004 Corrola scores excellent in the EU side crash but poor in the US side crash? Because the US test trolley weighs 1500KG instead of 950KG, and is appx 40cm higher.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Brilliance BS6 fails German crash test miserably

Autoblog said:
China's Brilliance BS6 is a recent entry into the European market, positioned as a premium-style import sedan at a budget price. Well, after seeing the videos of the car undergoing crash testing using Euro NCAP guidelines at the ADAC (Germany's AAA, essentially) test center, one thing's certain: buyers get what they pay for. The BS6, as currently constructed, appears to a complete piece of crap. The horrifying 40 mph offset frontal crash test video shows damage that can be described as catastrophic at best. The A-pillar collapses and folds up like a cheap suitcase, forcing the driver's door to pop largely out of its frame, while the lower portion of the car buckles like it's made of recycled pop cans. We wouldn't want to be the driver's legs...or any other part of him for that matter. To open the mangled door afterwards, the ADAC techs needed to use a huge crowbar to get it to budge. ADAC notes that the pedals intruded a foot and a half (32 cm) into the driver's space, while the IP moved in almost 8 inches (20 cm). Needless to say, the BS6 failed the test, garnering just 1 star.

Autoblog said:
The side-impact video's no picnic, either, as the driver's upper body takes the impact so hard, the injuries sustained would likely prove fatal. For all the crowing about Chinese cars and how they're an inevitability, if this is the kind of safety that they'll bring with them, have fun finding buyers. Back in April, Brilliance's head honcho said that this very model, the BS6, would be imported to the US either later this year or in 2008. You know what? Keep it.

After seeing the car's stellar crash performance in Deutschland, we wouldn't be caught dead in one. The good news for Europeans is that this disastrous test result might be enough to halt sales. That's what happened after the Jiangling Motors' Landwind SUV failed the same test in even more spectacular fashion in late 2005 (listen to the ADAC guys crack up after they see the Landwind result in that second link).

Until Chinese automakers get very serious about making and exporting cars that meet commonly-accepted occupant protection standards, the idea of them having any impact whatsoever in the safety-conscious United States market is laughable.

Videos:

BTW, I know this was already posted, but this is part of our
new "News story posting" policy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I thought it could have been better but...well those engineers have to make it better.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Oh dear :nono: What a disappointment. It clearly looks like the car was made to pass Chinese C-NCAP tests but nothing more. This is another setback for Chinese manufacturers hoping to export cars to Western markets. I hope they can re-design the car completely and make another go next year.

·
Registered
481 Posts
MG_ZS is right :D

they are going to improve the car by putting a speed-limiter to 63km/h so ur always SAFE :D

lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
ash said:
im sure there are good results to for these bs6 ....just cuz propaganda against chinese cars, these tests are always in our faces
The Western media is known to smear China every chance it gets. There never any positive stories about China, always negative. To add salt to injury, the stories always insinuate that the Chinese government is behind it... :nono:

The China-phobia they are trying to create is designed to keep China down. White men is evil, believe it.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts