China Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wake up brillance

They need to strengthen the crumple zones and side impact door beams right away if they wanna be successful in Europe and the united states, they should make stability control & front side impact airbags with front and rear curtain airbags standard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
BringIt said:
The Western media is known to smear China every chance it gets. There never any positive stories about China, always negative. To add salt to injury, the stories always insinuate that the Chinese government is behind it... :nono:

The China-phobia they are trying to create is designed to keep China down. White men is evil, believe it.
Even in my country (start with Si*******), the government controlled media will go on a mass hysterical orgy of reporting whenever there is something negative to report about China. But you will never read any critical reports about my country from our own mass media. Don't even mention investigative reporting. It will never happen in my country. So we are bombarded with official propaganda everyday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update: BS6 achieved 3-stars in Sep. test by Spanish IDIADA

A couple of Chinese reports said so.

No English version found.

Someone who knows German or Spanish here please try a search.

www_sinaimg_cn/qc/news/2007-09-12/U644P33T2D309409F9DT20070912094809.jpg
www_sinaimg_cn/qc/ul/2007/0912/U644P33DT20070912094734.jpg
www_sinaimg_cn/qc/ul/2007/0912/U644P33DT20070912094745.jpg

Please change the '_' to dot, I'm not allowed to post URLs :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
New BS6 crashtest video on European website

Check out there European website. They have photos and even two videos of the improved crashtest for viewing and downloading:

www*brilliance-motors*eu/index*php?option=com_specialcontent&task=view&id=374&Itemid=233&lan=eu_en

--> replace * with . Also please remove the space between 3 and 7 (this seems to be created automatically by this forum software and I found no way to post the correct URL here. Maybe somebody who is allowed to post URLs can go there an post the correct URL here - thanks). Alternatively just go to brilliance-motors.eu, select "other European countries" for the English version of the site and go to the press-section to see the videos.

Also in the press-section of this website you'll find the official press-statement published during IAA Frankfurt Motorshow last Tuesday.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wow, what a result! Just 79 days after that ADAC test in Germany. Very fast progress. Well done Brilliance :thumb:

·
Registered
561 Posts
thats good in 79 days brilliance went from fail to 3 stars, in another 79 days they may make it up to 5 stars, thats brilliant!! :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
outofin said:
What needs to be done to improve better safety? Will using stronger steel do, or it requires some serious re-design?
well im taking mechancial engineering rite now, and from what i know using stronger steel would work as long as "stronger" means a higher strength to weight ratio. since weight has alot to do with the crash. and i heard that sometimes the front of the car cant use too strong steel cause it wont "crumple". its the crumpling that saves your neck, not the rigitity of the car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
step by step,please recognize that china will only export good cars to euro it won't be foolish to destroy it's reputation,it will prepare more and more for that day...

as soon as the day is coming, please don't cry...:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Top Gear compares a 5 star crash car to a 3

I don't know when this was aired, but I don't think it was very long ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJnYEUwa8pA

They are comparing a Toyota Avensis (5-star Euro-NCAP rated) with a Proton Impian (3-star), and then a Ford Fiesta (4-star). I'm not trying to downplay the incredible improvement by Brilliance in such a short period of time but I'd honestly still be reluctant to drive something rated less than 4-stars in Euro-NCAP or less than 'acceptable' in IIHS (US) testing. I know I wouldn't want to have been in the Proton with my foot on the brake when that crash happened.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the record...

I drive a 1998 Buick LeSabre, which wasn't tested by IIHS. It did get 4 stars in the NHTSA crash tests for driver and passenger and 3 stars in side-impact tests.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
fhrblig said:
I don't know when this was aired, but I don't think it was very long ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJnYEUwa8pA

They are comparing a Toyota Avensis (5-star Euro-NCAP rated) with a Proton Impian (3-star), and then a Ford Fiesta (4-star). I'm not trying to downplay the incredible improvement by Brilliance in such a short period of time but I'd honestly still be reluctant to drive something rated less than 4-stars in Euro-NCAP or less than 'acceptable' in IIHS (US) testing. I know I wouldn't want to have been in the Proton with my foot on the brake when that crash happened.

I understand what you said and to be honest, there is no hard feelings about what you said, yes 3 stars is a pass but still unacceptable in Europe, but I mean there is one factor that we have to take into consideration is the age of brilliance, brilliance is a brand new established company, they only starts to produce cars recently, therefore I think 3 stars is OK (still not good enough) for them at the moment.But having said that I believe to be a serious contender in Europe as well as international stage, Brilliance still has a lot of works to do and they shouldn't be celebrating too big. And I hope other Chinese carmakers can learn from Brilliance and even do better than brilliance themselves.Quality is what counts these days, price is not really a big matter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just don't understand why Brilliance didn't sell their best and newest car Junjie (BS4 maybe) first in Europe. The company's domestic sale boomed from last year because of the Junjie.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
3 stars in Europe unacceptable??????????

Less than three stars: (since 2000):
Chrysler Voyager 2007 (1 star), Chevrolet Aveo 2006 (1 star), Fiat Seicento 2000 (1 star), Chevrolet Matiz 2005 (2 star), Kia Carnival 2003 (2 star), Citroen Saxo 2000 (2 star), Lancia Ypsilon 2000 (2 star), Nissan Micra 2000 (2 star).
Three stars (and I leave 2000 en 2001, the list would be too long!):
Chevrolet Kalos 2006, Kia Cerato 2006, Dacia Logan 2005, Fiat Panda 2004, KIA Picanto 2004, Fiat Doblo 2004, Renault Twingo 2003, Mitsubishi Pajero Pinin 2003, Proton Impian 2002, Chrysler PT Cruiser 2002, Landrover Freelander 2002, Jeep Cherokee 2002, Opel Frontera 2002, Suzuki Grand Vitara 2002.

WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?

·
Registered
21 Posts
We are talking about midsize sedans.

Erik, with all due respect, the only car that you've listed that's even close to the same size category as the Brilliance BS6 is the Proton Impian. And yes, the Voyager's crash test was unacceptable, but if you're going to give the BS6 a pass because they've redesigned it, then you have to do the same for Voyager which was just redesigned and has yet to be tested. The Caravan/Voyager/Town & Country/forthcoming VW vans are up against vans that have stellar test scores and if they score less than four stars when they are tested, then they deserve criticism. You also listed the previous generation Kia Carnival/Sedona. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the CURRENT (on sale NOW) version win "Top Safety Pick" after its IIHS test, and four stars from Euro NCAP? In fact, out of all the cars you've listed, the only ones currently on sale are a couple of Daewoo-based Chevrolet superminis. Are those in the same size class as the BS6? No. If you can point out some midsize or compact sedans that are on sale now in their current form (like the BS6 is right now) that perform the same or worse than the BS6, please do so. I will listen.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts