China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Can someone tell me why Brilliance is leading with its old Zhonghua Zunchi (M-1) model in Europe, and not its much more appealing Junjie (M-2)? The interior enhancements in the Junjie are dramatic.

I couldn't but notice that the article was absent of criticism about assembly quality, in contrast to the critique in Europe of Geely and Chang'an models displayed at recent shows.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
phaeton said:
I thought that too ???? I wonder why Zhonghua released the Zunchi when as you say Junjie is newer fresher model, strange isn't.
Here's another factor to consider when wondering about Brilliance's reason for leading in Europe with the BS6 Zunchi (M1) instead of the BS4 Junjie (M2)
[thank you Raul]. The Zunchi is based on the BMW 5 Series and the Junjie is based on the smaller BMW 3 Series. Can anyone tell us the correct wheelbase of each model ? The specs I read show 2790mm for both?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks Laofan for those wheelbase figures. Looks like the difference doesn't amount to much....maybe a little more trunk space in the Zunchi. But the ride quality wouldn't be any better on the Zunchi.

Anyway as Raul points out the Junjie will soon follow the Zunchi to Europe.

Hey FT, as the Chinese saying goes, Brilliance and BMW are like lips and teeth. They have cooperated a lot on the development of the Zhonghua models just as Brilliance cooperated with Toyota on the HiAce based minivans.

Maybe someone here can show us photos or drawings of the platforms so that we could compare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts