China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
dragin said:
Can someone tell me why Brilliance is leading with its old Zhonghua Zunchi (M-1) model in Europe, and not its much more appealing Junjie (M-2)? The interior enhancements in the Junjie are dramatic.
Junjie M2 will be sold as Brilliance BS4 starting this year (2007)

·
Registered
547 Posts
mgrovernut said:
'Oh dear! We were expecting so much from China’s European debut – but the Brilliance BS6 is a massive letdown. It falls behind rivals in every area, with poor quality, average dynamics and nondescript styling. The lack of safety kit and terrible crash test rating are real causes for concern. The idea of having a large executive car for the price of a hatchback is appealing but, apart from space, the BS6 offers little else'
To my opinion it's not surprising that it falls behind it's rivals. I mean, this is the first attempt by Chinese company to sell cars in upper-class segment in Europe. When Japanese imported their first big cars (Crown, Gloria) in early mid 1960's they weren't the best products at the time but reliable and cheap.

I must disagree that styling is "nondescript". To me BS6 is the best looking Chinese car at the moment and the styling is not borrowed from any other car(s). Of course these are personal issues.

15k (€23000) isn't exactly cheap but this is the price of 2,4 litre car. Later when they bring 2,0 litre car I hope they could push the price closer to €20000 margin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts