China Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's a Valid and excellent post I must admit :) ( altho I hate to :p )

Anyways , whatever you think of the UK review . maybe they've gone far bat only a bit .. since I've driven this car and seen it here in Egypt with the same 2.4 Mitsu engine .

The UK review is just about 85% correct , the car is called Brilliance Galena here , and boy the interior .. doesnt sound brilliance or even chery ... the interior might be a bit better than a geely .. .especialy talking about the DASHBOARD / The Stereo and the QUESTIONABLE fake wood , I'd rather they do it a simple layout with some good leather/plastic insted of that really really cheap looking wood .

however what I disagree with the review about , is the exterior , the Brilliance might look like alot of other cars , but its really the size that cut it off the rest , seriously speaking , I first mistaked the Brilliance for Honda accord , but when it went side by me .. I felt like a limo has just passed ... especialy when ur driving a supermini like mine ;P

however I think the exterior might be subject to personal tastes , but again UK reviews seriously are wierd ... for example .. here in egypt WE LOVE the Proton Gen 2 - Proton Impian/Waja and the Wira ..

in the UK , they just say that if you really want a 5 seater .. then get a proton for the price of superminis , thats the only way they recommend it !

back to the Brilliance, I Think they shouldn't have sent the Galena , the M3 ( plz rename it ) would've been alot better choice , i mean c'mon look at this car interior ... if I didn't know the brand , I would've simply say its a bm or a merc .

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think maybe because it won't be VALUE enough Phaeton ??
I mean won't be priced low enough to compete ??

I mean the UK review noted that the price of the Brilliance can get you a hatchback , so Maybe the Junjie's price won't be so competitive ..

Altho I still think its a stupid move !

btw since u know alot about VW , A friend of mine ( girl ) wanted to buy the VW Eos , recently Launched here ... but she thinks its a bit overpriced for the features it offers ,, ( $41,000 here ) what do you think of it ? ( sorry for going off topic ).

·
Registered
481 Posts
its a mitsubishi engine what do you expect
check out the latest 2006/7 Lancer and its engine ... sucks , slow , boring

Even TOPGEAR made fun of the latest Lancer .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts