China Car Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was really surprised to read the review since the last time I called Zhonghua (last week), one of their export managers said they still don't have Euro-4. Does anyone know how, if this is true, could the importer of the car licence it with the DVLA in the UK ?

Is it possible that this is a prototype sent to the UK, in preparation for the Euro-4 to be obtained sometime early 2007 and than the vehicles could be licences?

Does anyone know who's the importer in the UK and what volume did they give Zhonghua for the exclusivity ?

Did anyone wonder how come a 2.4L Mitsubishi engine on this car, with a regular gear, sends the car only to top 122m/h?

Much obliged.

·
Registered
481 Posts
its a mitsubishi engine what do you expect
check out the latest 2006/7 Lancer and its engine ... sucks , slow , boring

Even TOPGEAR made fun of the latest Lancer .

·
Registered
547 Posts
dragin said:
Can someone tell me why Brilliance is leading with its old Zhonghua Zunchi (M-1) model in Europe, and not its much more appealing Junjie (M-2)? The interior enhancements in the Junjie are dramatic.
Junjie M2 will be sold as Brilliance BS4 starting this year (2007)

·
Registered
547 Posts
mgrovernut said:
'Oh dear! We were expecting so much from China’s European debut – but the Brilliance BS6 is a massive letdown. It falls behind rivals in every area, with poor quality, average dynamics and nondescript styling. The lack of safety kit and terrible crash test rating are real causes for concern. The idea of having a large executive car for the price of a hatchback is appealing but, apart from space, the BS6 offers little else'
To my opinion it's not surprising that it falls behind it's rivals. I mean, this is the first attempt by Chinese company to sell cars in upper-class segment in Europe. When Japanese imported their first big cars (Crown, Gloria) in early mid 1960's they weren't the best products at the time but reliable and cheap.

I must disagree that styling is "nondescript". To me BS6 is the best looking Chinese car at the moment and the styling is not borrowed from any other car(s). Of course these are personal issues.

15k (€23000) isn't exactly cheap but this is the price of 2,4 litre car. Later when they bring 2,0 litre car I hope they could push the price closer to €20000 margin.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mgrovernut said:
'Oh dear! We were expecting so much from China’s European debut – but the Brilliance BS6 is a massive letdown. It falls behind rivals in every area, with poor quality, average dynamics and nondescript styling. The lack of safety kit and terrible crash test rating are real causes for concern. The idea of having a large executive car for the price of a hatchback is appealing but, apart from space, the BS6 offers little else'
Agreed, personally I did not expect Brilliance to make a foreign launch until at least 2009 or 2010 with a upgraded BS6, a lineup of at least three cars, equipped with V6, V8, hybrid and diesel options. Brilliance hasty entrance will cost them dearly, but hopefully most people have not paid attention to the article.

New 2007 zhonghua zunchi/ junjie with 1.8TCi GDi
http://chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471

Real_I_Hate_China said:
Every market region has different taste in automobile.
Good point, but considering Brilliance's experience with the BMW lineup, not to mention that the BS6 is around the same size as the 5 series, they should have had a much better understanding of the European market.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
phaeton said:
I thought that too ???? I wonder why Zhonghua released the Zunchi when as you say Junjie is newer fresher model, strange isn't.
Here's another factor to consider when wondering about Brilliance's reason for leading in Europe with the BS6 Zunchi (M1) instead of the BS4 Junjie (M2)
[thank you Raul]. The Zunchi is based on the BMW 5 Series and the Junjie is based on the smaller BMW 3 Series. Can anyone tell us the correct wheelbase of each model ? The specs I read show 2790mm for both?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
sizes of the Junjie and the Zunchi

Zunchi:
wheelbase 2790 mm
length 4880 mm
width 1800 mm
height 1450 mm

Junjie:
wheelbase 2790 mm
length 4648 mm
width 1800 mm
height 1450 mm

At the Beijing Show, the two models were exhibited besides each other, and the differences were remarkable few.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brillance needs to get some theta engines and lamda from hyundai forget mitsubishi sourced engines that are almost 20 years old, must have safety features suggestions would be electronic stability control and 6 six airbags.

·
Registered
450 Posts
dragin said:
Here's another factor to consider when wondering about Brilliance's reason for leading in Europe with the BS6 Zunchi (M1) instead of the BS4 Junjie (M2)
[thank you Raul]. The Zunchi is based on the BMW 5 Series and the Junjie is based on the smaller BMW 3 Series. Can anyone tell us the correct wheelbase of each model ? The specs I read show 2790mm for both?
Not based on the Beemers, they are totally different cars, but they go down the same assembly line.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks Laofan for those wheelbase figures. Looks like the difference doesn't amount to much....maybe a little more trunk space in the Zunchi. But the ride quality wouldn't be any better on the Zunchi.

Anyway as Raul points out the Junjie will soon follow the Zunchi to Europe.

Hey FT, as the Chinese saying goes, Brilliance and BMW are like lips and teeth. They have cooperated a lot on the development of the Zhonghua models just as Brilliance cooperated with Toyota on the HiAce based minivans.

Maybe someone here can show us photos or drawings of the platforms so that we could compare.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts