China Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Brilliance wants to get it right from the start...

m14 said:
AFX News Limited
Brilliance China Auto
........signed an agreement with an auto trading unit of Germany's EH Harms GmbH & Co to export 3,000 Zhonghua sedans to Europe.
Looks like Euro Motors (Gibralter) Ltd's loss, after signing with Brilliance last year, turned out to be EH Harms' and HSO's gain. Brilliance was not happy with Euro Motors and the switch to another importer was expected. It's a big step for Brilliance, and they obviously didn't want to screw it up.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
rendezvous65 said:
I hope the USDM BS6 has the improved safety. I wonder if China Motor will still import them since they have been hit with lawsuits. The lawsuit claims that they would sell dealer points and lie about testing. I think Brilliance will get it right eventually.
Mr. Shelburg and his China Motors partners (now Autokam) have worked hard at bringing Brilliance to America but he has possibly spread himself too thin with attempts to bring other manufacturers cars as well. For example, Hafei, Geely, Great Wall, and even the new and untested Gonow. Awhile back Mr. Shelburg even vowed to beat Mr. Bricklin to the punch. But it's not easy to get over homologation and other hurdles, as Chamco and Zhongxing have also learned. Of course these Chinese makers, and the Chinese government too, want to be sure they pick the best possible partner to be responsible for launching their products.
As for Hafei, everything there will change if Dongfeng Motor gets control as the latest news suggest it might.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
This withdrawal doesn't bode well for Brilliance Auto North America, the David Shelburg group that had high hopes of seeing the product introduced in the U.S..
But it seems BANA had grown discouraged over the years and recently were looking into cooperating with BYD. But then that's not likely to happen either as Bershire Hathaway will be calling the shots as shop is set up in Los Angeles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts