China Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Re: Brilliance FRV and FSV (sedan)

Hi KiwiGuy, that is the trouble with these translation programs, they make up wonderful things like "Czech Republic", haha, the Chinese is 中华骏捷Cross俱乐部, which means Zhonghua Junjie Cross Julebu, or in English: Brilliance Junjie Cross Club! Nothing to do with Czech Rep.!

·
Registered
305 Posts

I was up in Shenyang recently doing some teaching and clinics, and a couple of things interesting - Brilliance is VERY popular in Shenyang. I know, the Brilliance factory is in Shenyang, but I mean wow.........LOTS of Junjie taxis, and the FRV is all over the place there. One more interesting thing - I had the chance to ride in the FSV - a REALLY nice "small" car. Some friends of mine who are teachers there just bought one (they got rid of their Lova to buy the FSV.....I'd say a nice step up), they love it. I was in the back seat......plenty of room and not a cramped feeling. The back seat is a 60/40 fold down.....nice for carrying long items. Classy looking interior, with good comfortable seats. The heater kicks in quick and is powerful......important in a place like Shenyang because it's a 4 season city. Suspension is fine, it was firm without being too harsh and handled bumps well (chinese streets can be somewhat bumpy sometimes). Nice tight transmission from what i can tell (they have the 5 speed manual) - I've test driven a manual version of the FRV, it's the same engine and tranny and it was fine. Overall, a great car - it looks much better in person than in the pictures. I'd still choose the FRV because of the 5 door versatility, but the FSV is a great choice for people who want a classy small 4 door sedan - and for under 80,000 rmb!

·
Registered
523 Posts

I would expect this. It is common for many people who live in a region or city where there is a car manufacturer to buy a particular make. I'm not entirely sure, but if you go to where companies like Chery are based.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

As I have said before about Brilliance, once again I would be happy to have this sharp looking hatchback in my driveway. I like the grille and headlamp treatment that give it a bold looking nose, the body rake with A pillar dip, and the overall smooth body lines. The only thing I would change is the taillight configuration. There's an angle there that doesn't match the otherwise unbroken lines.

·
Registered
706 Posts

I love the Brilliance FSV RS, especially it's interior getup. Very sophisticated looking. I know we can't know yet the performance of the gadgetry, but it all looks advanced and right in the now and here.

Love the black and red seats, too.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts