China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Administrator
18,117 Posts
According to China Car Times, F1 is going to be worlds cheapest car with a price of 23,000rmb (2,142.82 EUR)!

BYD really are going to mass produce the worlds cheapest automobile and bring cheap motoring to the masses in China, previously the BYD F1 price tag was 30,000rmb but now it seems that figure has been changed down to a mere 23,000rmb.

Previously, the record was held by the Binzhou automotive group, but seeing as they are not mass produced, we can forget about them. The cheapest 800cc QQ3 is 27,000rmb, Ben Ben, Hafei Sai Bao, Suzuki WagonR’s, Little Nobels etc are all 30,000rmb and up.

While we’re not entirely sure what the BYD will be running under the hood, or what it will be made of, we’re quite excited (or worried) to see that Chinese manufacturers are pushing the boundries on the car pricing, the BYD is a smidgen over 3000USD. China Car Times previously got up close and personal with little Nobel and noted the interior quality, was not the greatest. What will the BYD F1 be like? Generally, the BYD range of cars are quite well made, but at 3,000USD what is this going to be like?

BYD make a profit on this, the government gets a cut on it, the logistics co will want a cut for sending it to the dealer, the dealer will also want a cut for selling it and supporting it, so just how much does it cost for BYD to make this car, $2000USD? Guesses in the comment box.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
AGS2225 said:

If you have not paid attention, the lights and the mechanical ones are of the BYD Flyer.
So apart from the lights, are there any other parts that look like BYD flyer ?

But how come the headlight of Lifan that you show in that link does not look like the headlight of lifan in the big pictures that you provided ?

And btw I kinda did not understand what you said, can you please summarise it or rephrase it please.

You mean BYD copies Lifan's future model or Lifan's future model copies BYD ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Despite it looking near identical as the Aygo the BYD F1 is still a good looking city car. Its also set to be the worlds cheapest car from what China Car Times reported.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Oh dear :nono:

Byd will not be a major player anytime soon unless they stop copying and start to innovate.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Talking of innovation, BYD is the "pioneer" with their BYD Faygo

lol

I think BYD should just focus on eletric vehicles as they promise, that would help them more than this Faygo

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why BYD did so?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Under 3000 USD, oh, I am a bit worried about BYD's product strategy although BYD-F3 is a hot word those months in China.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
BYD what were you thinking? :confused:

Raul said:
Oh dear :nono:

Byd will not be a major player anytime soon unless they stop copying and start to innovate.
You are right Raul, Biyadi is really jeopardizing its chances of being taken seriously. Perhaps the recent rise in F-3 sedan sales has gone to its head. Instead of a "monkey see monkey do" approach, it should be taking advantage of its unique strength in the area of battery and EV development. That's what could earn it respect in the global marketplace.

Once again though, my guess here is that Toyota will not want to make waves about this shameless example of copying. And they will let it go so as to not draw unnecessary attention in China.

BYD, Hello,
In an age of dreams about clean green cars, even a shoe box, or a clam shell, on wheels can be successful.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
@ tiji2005.

Can you please stop using bad language. People here are having a discussion, I agree that some people here do talk bad of Chinese made cars, but sometimes what they said is kinda true. It is the fault of Chinese carmakers at the first place, if they don't copy other cars then people won't have anything to say. I believe that when the Chinese carmakers can make cars that up to the standards of other well known carmakers then these bad talks will cool off. Well in the end of the day, the Chinese makers brought this upon themselves with the low quality and unauthentic designs, but on the other hand, we need to realise that they are in the learning phase, most private Chinese carmakers are really young like Brilliance, Chery, Geely...etc... so they are susceptible to mistakes. There are people here who want to help pointing out the flaws of Chinese carmakers and make them better. So I hope you understand that this forum is for constructive discussion, even if someone is being nasty, you don't have to reply in a nastier way.

People can say whatever they want to say, only time can tell and it also depends on the will of Chinese manufacturers too.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts