China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Byd F2

But Laofan if BYD only purchased the Qinchuan company in early 2003 then how much testing could it have done before the 2004 show? Was BYD involved with vehicle development with Qinchuan before the purchase?
Back in 2001 I only remember Xi'an Qinchuan as being a one model company, i.e. the Flyer.
Another question....did Qinchuan build the Flyer on an Suzuki Alto platform?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Byd F2

Complicated indeed.
I too am amazed at what BYD did in the short time after takeover and leading up to that show.
I missed the 2004 show but got to see their display in Shanghai in 2005, a show where I looked for you but somehow missed you.
The cars on display in 2005 had serious flaws in the body sheet metal, and I even folllowed up by sending a few photos to them... to let them know that we are paying attention.:)
BYD has turned out to be an amazing outfit. They are now even supplying components and dyes to companies like GM and Nissan.
I understand that now production of models like the F6 dual mode has been moved down to Shenzhen.
Who knows, maybe the next step for production will be offshore.
I wonder if Suzuki now regrets not having gone for a full joint venture with Qinchuan and ultimately with BYD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts