China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
To my eye it looks about as bit as a Daewoo Magnus or Nissan Altima, hardly 7-series territory.

136 hp is not a modern number in that class, but it's not like it's towing a 1973 Chevy Kingswood or something.

·
Registered
36 Posts
want to know who made it?

In my opinion, BYD F6 is looks so good, and its engine is 4G64 likes Zhonghua...but its logo is looks "so close" to BMW!!!

fightingtorque said:
there is a chinese car that looks a bit like a beemer X5, it's called the CEO or something. looks a bit crap though.
Yes. I think its tail looks like an X5 or a BMW X3, but its face looks like a Kia Sorento (or a Ssangyong...)

... and I want to know what manufacturer made it?

·
Registered
450 Posts
He means the F6 has the same engine as the Zhonghua, both are supplied by the Shenyang Mistubishi Engine Plant (Called SAME, I think it's shenyand aerospace mitsubishi engine or something).

SAME also supply these 2.0 and 2.4 litre engines to Chery for Oriental Son/Eastar and T11, as well as to people like Great Wall Motor, JMC, etc. They have a good business, although some customers such as Brilliance and Chery won't need them in future as they will build their own engines, whilst there are a couple of other 'engine only' manufacturers setting up to compete in this market.

·
Registered
561 Posts
BringIt said:
Chinese car makers has to cut the crap on these blatant "styling" copies. They look atrocious to say the least :mad:

It's so pathetic; I mean, who's gonna buy one? 'Oh hey, check me out, I can't afford the real thing so here's a crappy, ugly knock off!' :nono:

So shameful...
totally agree, it may sell good for a while buy would suck in the longrun

·
Registered
60 Posts
ceo

I think it's a copy of a Ssang Yong, from South Korea. Even the badge is copied. Ssang Yong is owned by Chinese SAIC, so the Chinese are starting to copy eachother now, let's see where this ends...

·
Registered
314 Posts
BringIt said:
I don't know where you live, but if you drive one outside of China, you are gonna get laughed at everywhere you go.

I want to drive a Chinese car to be proud of, not to be ashamed in.
very well said, :thumb:

·
Registered
264 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
very well said, :thumb:

so god_bless _japan, you want to drive a chinese car that you wud be proud of?

good to hear

so i guess ull have a chinese car in 5 years :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
CaymanS said:
The logo is blatant rip-off of the BMW logo. The front headlights are straight from the BMW. Even though I am a strong advocate towards piracy, I don't see how this looks like the 7-Series. The CEO is something I'm laughing about right now. They expect to get away with that design? Exterior is total BMW X5. The interior is also total BMW X5/Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. The logo is straightly Ssangyong. Do mind that Ssangyong was an independent company which retained the same logo from the start until it became a part of SAIC.
CaymanS, check my siggy in Caps:thumb: :lol:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
i see no silmilarity b/w F6 and Accord.
in fact the rear looks like 2007 Camry with a BMW style rear. (2007 camry rips off the rear off BMW)

here is my take. if you see this car is a "rip off" of many different cars, then it prehaps not a rip off by definition. if you see a person looks like a 100 people off street, prehaps this person don't looks like any of them. (s)he just looks like a person. The same is true for cars.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The introduction of this model has been long delayed. It's been around so long one wonders why it's still being kept under wraps. Meanwhile it seemed like the F8 sport coupe came out of nowhere and hit the showroom floors in short order.

My hope is that BYD is focusing the greater part of it's energy on alternate energy model vehicles. That's where its expertise lies and that's where its opportunity lies as well.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 90 Posts