China Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
test drive of plug in F6DM

http://jalopnik.com/344806/detroit-...-chinese-hybrid-through-cobo-arena?mail2=true
And how was the car? I have to admit, besides it's "heavily borrowed" styling, the F6DM was quite smooth and with a level of fit and finish that was superior to many of the other full production cars on display from China. And that electric motor? Quiet as a mouse. And though we didn't get the high-speed tour, the car drove smoothly and easily around the floor. Is this the future? I can't be sure. But there's no doubt that the company's Chairman is dedicated to proving his car works. Conventions and convention center staff be damned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the interior looks very good , but cheap at the same time. the exterior design is quite good . A 7.0 overall grade

·
Registered
28 Posts
BringIt said:
Chinese car makers has to cut the crap on these blatant "styling" copies. They look atrocious to say the least :mad:

It's so pathetic; I mean, who's gonna buy one? 'Oh hey, check me out, I can't afford the real thing so here's a crappy, ugly knock off!' :nono:

So shameful...

I agree but then again I used to look at Lexus drivers and say "at least mines a real Mercedes" - I thought the early Lexus's were crappy looking and ugly but they were built well.
I think that styling will start to become more the same with the introduction of legislation on pedestrian safety etc. Maybe we get too precious because it is a car. I dont for instance have a single problem with my toater looking like twenty other brands of toasters why do I get uptight about a car?
As far as who will buy them -how many Chinese have seen a Toyota Agyro - i dont even know if it sold here. They will buy it if they like it and it costs not much.
Chinese dont often bother to wear seatbelts even when they are in the drivers seat so they arent worried about crash-ability. It is not in their mindset to worry about what happens in a crash. I must admit I am quite surprised as to the low number of serious accidents I see around Shenzhen. They do happen and on the motorways can be quite severs but I travel in morning and evening peak and just dont see serious prangs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Strange. The site wont let me reply to Martin's post because it has a URL in it.
Anyway

To explain this chart to anyone not familiar with Chinese currency

10.58 in the chart is CNY105,800 or approx USD14,900.

·
Administrator
18,139 Posts
BYD Auto launches F6 models in China.

March 19, 2008 - China's BYD Auto yesterday officially launched a so-called "mid and high-end" model F6 in China. The model was displayed at Geneva Auto Show earlier this month.

Xia Zhibing, general manager of BYD, released prices for all F6 models: The 2.0 liter comfortable version RMB 89,800 ($12,647); the 2.0 liter luxury version RMB 100,800 ($14,200); the 2.4 liter Noble version RMB 126,800 ($17,860); the 2.4 liter Flagship version RMB ($22,500). These four models will be available as of this month.

"We hope to sell 3,000 F6 cars a month this year and the monthly sales could reach 100,000 cars next year," Xia Zhibing told Shanghai Securities News.

BYD plans to sell 200,000 vehicles this year, including 150,000 F3 vehicles, 25,000 F6 vehicles and 25,000 F1 vehicles, according to Wang Jianjun, spokesman for BYD.
source: Gasgoo.com

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
BaoSteel supplies account for 99% of new BYD car body

It is reported that BaoSteel’s products have accounted for 99% of the new type F6 of BYD car body.

Before September of 2006, BYD depended totally on import, where the delivery period f is long and was effecting production of BYD. But in January 2007, BaoSteel’s galvanized sheet all instead of the imported products.

As per report, F6 is a sign that BYD enters into high end market from low end market, it has strict requirements on the quality for the car body.

http://steelguru.com/news/index/200..._account_for_99%2525_of_new_BYD_car_body.html

61 - 80 of 90 Posts