China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
16,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2009 Byd F5

There was a rumor that BYD will exibit a series of new models at the Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition including F4, F5 mid-sized sedans and M6 MPV. But none of the mentioned vehicles was present.

Below is an article publiseh at auto.sina about new cars developed by BYD including first sketch of how might F5 actually look.

http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2008-12-01/0931434512.shtml

Sina Sina recent hearing Motor vehicle exclusive access to pre-empt BYD plans new car in 2009, a total of 2009 will be a quarter of China's first hard-top convertible coupe F8, a total of 5 new cars, F4, F5, M6, S6 which four are new car had not yet been formally announced. In 2008 by BYD F3, F3-R, F0, F6 four models to hand over a good report card, in 2009 BYD 5 hope that the completion of the 60,000 new car sales to Taiwan.

BYD will launch two new Chevrolet F4 and F5, Chevrolet will join hands to seize market share. F4 appearance on a little more reserved, F5 is even more dynamic, the price of 100,000 yuan or so. In space, F5 greater than the F4, its long / wide / high were 4600mm/1760mm/1490mm, reached wheelbase 2660mm.

The picture we have is not hard to see, F5 has changed the design of BYD before, the design has not been a successful model of the foreign marks, body lines are very smooth, front air grille and under the skirts are designed so that More dynamic body. The wheelbase and body size has reached the mainstream of the current size of the Chevrolet, compared to Fox, some 307 models have not a small advantage,

For the first time into the SUV, MPV model series, this promising market and profit

2009 BYD also plans to launch two other new M6, S6, in which M6 is the first MPV model BYD, a long / wide / high were 4795mm/1800mm/1750mm, wheelbase 2950mm, the price of 15 Million or so, such a room is very comfortable driving. The shape not only cars but also fashion, it is also equipped with a number of high-tech intelligence equipment, and the S6 BYD is the first SUV models.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: 2009 Byd F5

So is this really a PS ? oh jeez why can't people just stop all that PS bs, it's getting so annoying, people want to see real stuff though.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

Remember that in earlier publications it was BYD itself who photoshopped Toyota photos. To produce the cars later according these photoshops. So I am terribly afraid and rather certain that the new BYD F5 will be a blatant copy of the Toyota Corolla, like the BYD F0= Toyota Aygo, the BYD F3= earlier model Corolla, and the BYD M6 will be Toyota Previa, the BYD S3 the Toyota RAV4 and the BYD S6 a Lexus suv. A shame for BYD. Toyota policy till now is to neglect this kind of stealing. I hope they will undertake action in the future.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

BYD is getting so disgusting with all the stealing from Toyota, they just made good name for themselves with the hybrid technology but why need to ruin everything with all the copying. Bad things always shadow the good things, it is people like BYD that makes other people think that Chinese cars are always crap. I honestly do not understand most Chinese companies (a few are good though), they are meant to represent their countries and all they do is illegal stuffs and their country is being cussed down everyday around the world due to their misdeeds. At least people like Chery is willing to learn from the past mistakes.

I think the recent success of F3 will continue to motivate BYD to copy more Toyota stuff.

·
Administrator
16,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
First picture of the rear:
http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200903/57669.html

Today, a BYD G3 new picture of the rear exposure. Unique from a picture point of view, the design of a new but familiar once again appear in the BYD's cars on.

G3 unique tail design reminiscent of Lexus ES350, toughness full lines of the tail brings a good three-dimensional sense of trust will become BYD competitive mid-size car market of the important models. Designed to imitate the tail of the ES series, I do not know G3 shape again before the face would look like.

It is understood that the vehicle will be listed at the end of August this year, positioning compact car, but than it is now the BYD F3 main objective of the compact car market will be more high-end. Therefore, the price will be higher than the F3. At present, the message about G3 little, we will continue to pay attention to.

·
Registered
40 Posts

As a consumer, I can only select products that fit my own.
For that BYD, I think it must take the path of growth.

·
Administrator
16,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
According to China Car Times G3 won't succeed F3 although design of the interior of both cars looks the same to me.

The BYD G3 is causing quite a bit of interest in the Chinese motoring blogosphere, BYD practically rose to fame on the back of the ever popular BYD F3 sedan which closely resembles the last generation Toyota Corolla. The upcoming BYD G3 is going to sit between the not so popular BYD F6 full size sedan and the popular BYD F3, although it appears that both the F3’s and G3’s interior is the same at this stage.

Although it could be that BYD plan to alter the G3’s interior at a later stage and are only using the F3’s for testing, it feels like a little bit of a cop out to design such a nice car but then use a mama-huhu interior that we’ve all seen before.

The upcoming G3 will be powered by 1.5l engine and also a 1.8l engine, the 1.8L engine was designed by BYD themselves but the 1.5l is expected to be a bought in Mitsubishi unit. The G3 will have the option of either a 5 speed manual or a CVT gearbox. The G3 will also boast LED rear lights and angel eye front headlights.

A launch date for the G3 has not yet been announced, but before February 2010 is a likely guess.

http://img.autohome.com.cn/2009/8/31/31-8-48-51-622449915.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/2009/8/31/31-8-48-52-103326574.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/2009/8/31/31-8-48-54-570111135.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/2009/8/31/31-8-48-51-173137709.jpg

sources: CCT and autohome.com.cn

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow................the interior of the G3 just.........................SUCKS. Putting the F3 interior in this new car is a VERY LAME move by BYD - a cost cutting move to be sure. However, I think the consumer (myself included) would be glad to pay a few thousand more to have a better interior - I would be sitting in it thinking "why the hell did I pay more for this G3, when all it does is remind me of the cheaper F3??????" BYD seems to be getting into a bad habit regarding this.............the F0 is the same story. Great exterior, the interior is "el sucko grande" (in spanglish, it means "it sucks a lot"). Come on BYD - don't assume that the consumer will continue to put up with this. You can get away with it in the F3, it's a economy priced car - but not when you are trying to convince us that the G3 is supposed to be a more "upscale" car! :nono:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts