China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
16,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
M6 style comparable to Toyota PREVIA MPV BYD introduced during the year.

Done in the field of family cars of the BYD car disclosed a few days ago, in 2009 BYD will enter the MPV market, M6 has identified as its first flagship model, plans to market 09 years.

From 2007 onwards, BYD began brewing plans MPV series models, and now, M series M6 is finally beginning. From the appearance point of view, BYD M6 to abandon the traditional MPV is too conservative and old-fashioned model of the design, dynamic front and streamlined body shapes are different and the MPV market models, the overall atmosphere is not lack of fashion style, style can and Toyota PREVIA a higher low, commercial vehicles into the fashion element represents the development trend of recent years, they are advised IKEA business models to meet the additional requirements of consumer vehicles. MPV market today is due to slow growth and high pricing of the older models such constraints, the introduction of new products more attractive to the market's concern BYD M6 and a number of new products to enter, or can bring a new the power to stimulate the sluggish auto market.

According to China Association of Automobile Manufacturers statistics, in 2008 year-on-year increase of less than MPV models overall passenger car industry has become the slowest growth rate of passenger car market segmentation models. Investment in this kind of "popular" market, not by common sense has always been a license BYD chance of winning this geometry?

In this regard, BYD said that despite the current MPV domestic passenger car sales accounted for a smaller proportion of the total, but the MPV market, the overall profit margin higher, the market potential for development, because the current market MPV models do not more, competition is not too intense, and the best model prices are around 200,000. There is a strong quality management and cost control ability of BYD, will be cost-effective use of the advantages to each product, but this time, BYD M6 will be targeting high-quality MPV, is the first time, the impact of its own brand of high-end MPV market.

With economic development and automobiles, consumers demand for vehicles in multiple forms. In the MPV field, with rich configuration, the internal space, driving comfort models domestic automobile market will become the next hot model. With the new auto consumption tax policy, has introduced the fuel tax, the market for a high-quality and cost-effective for the MPV is a thirst. BYD a good grasp of market opportunities, products in all segments occupy the area of absolute advantage, this time to enter the high-end MPV market, BYD can replicate its success achieved in the area of family cars, we will wait and see.

http://news.chinacars.com/news/cjdt/422661.shtml

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Re: Future BYD M6

Hopefully this photo is fake (a photoshop), because this M6 is not only comparable with the Toyota Estima/Previa/Tarago, it's also a copycat of that MPV.

It is great that BYDs sale figures have increased the last years so much, but BYD definitely needs some self-developed and designed cars if they want to be taken seriously in Europe and North America, like a production version of the BYD e6.

·
Registered
706 Posts

I'll second that emotion on the BYD e6. That all-electric has the best overall package of goods for this NA consumer. Great top speed and great range, that range will get lots of attention in the interconnected vast range of cities and population of the U.S.

It can look boxy but BYD has done a fantastic job of designing it's rear-end so it looks quite attractive.

How many rigs have you seen that you like the front but not the back and vice versa?

But the overall battery and propulsion package sounds solid on paper, anyway. Bring it to NA with fair pricing and I'll bet there's a festive market there for it. I for one am interested in it.

·
Administrator
16,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BYD Auto to launch its first MPV model M6.

February 2, 2009 - BYD Auto has recently announced that it will enter the MPV market in 2009 by launching its first ever MPV model M6, said xinhuanet.com today. BYD will target its self-developed M6 at the high-end MPV market.

Disclosed two weeks ago, the M6 has been identified as BYD's first flagship MPV model to be released this year. By the appearance, the M6 seems to have abandoned the conservative and old-fashioned look of traditional MPVs, with its dynamic front and streamlined body shapes quite different from other models.

Measuring 4,600mm x 1,760mm x 1,490mm with a 2,950mm wheelbase, the M6 is the first MPV model BYD has ever developed. The company will launch the M6 as a high-quality MPV model, which will also be China's first home-grown MPV model for the high-end MPV segment. The MPV market in China has huge potentials for automakers to explore and BYD is speeding up to seize this opportunity.

BYD Auto aims to more than double its car sales to 40,000 units this year by launching more new car models. The company sold about 170,000 vehicles in 2008, a huge increase from its sales of 90,000 vehicles in 2007. Much of that growth came from strong sales of the company's small cars, particularly the F0 subcompact and the F3 compact sedan.

BYD plans to launch at least five new vehicle models in 2009, including F5, F4 mid-sized sedan models, the M6 MPV, S6 SUV, and the F8 hardtop convertible models. The 2.0L M6 MPV will be put to market in October and is expected to sell 5,000 units by the year end. It will be sold by the BYD A3 network.

Following its Chinese launch of the F3DM in December 2008 as the world's first plug-in hybrid production car, BYD may also release two more electric vehicle models, the e6 and F6DM, this year. BYD plans to sell its electric cars in the U.S. by 2011.
from Gasgoo.com

·
Registered
706 Posts

So there's the answer on the F6DM and the one I like, the e6. Plans are for BYD to bring them to the States in 2011. Sounds like enough time to get it homogolated for the States. Great news!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi!

I've photos on BYD M6 and S6 but I can't publish the photos because I don't have 10 posts

:(

·
Registered
56 Posts

First, Brilliance comes with an M3... Now, BYD came out with an M6... who will bring an M5 now???

·
Registered
117 Posts

Jey said:
Hi!
I've photos on BYD M6 and S6 but I can't publish the photos because I don't have 10 posts:(
Hi J i'm here to help you...

source oami.europa.eu - non-commercial non-authentic reproduction

in arrivo a breve la Suv - a SUV is coming soon (...)

·
Administrator
16,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First official picture:

The measurements of the M6 are standing at LxWxH 4,808mm×1,800mm×1756mm. The M6 will be powered by a 2.0l and a 2.4l engine, the 2.0l being BYD’s own model (BYD483) and the 2.4 being of Mitsubishi stock. The M6 is expected to be officially launched in April this year.

http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200903/56874.html

1 - 20 of 39 Posts