China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The three new models are BYD F8, BYD M6 and BYD S6. The BYD F8 is claimed to be China's first hard-top convertible sports coupe and will go on sale in the first quarter of 2009; the BYD S6 is a large SUV model based on a mid-class car chassis; and the BYD M6 is a medium- to large-size MPV model also based on a mid-class car chassis. BYD said its M6 and S6 are all-new in-house developed models, not derived from its F6 model.
http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-news/1008225/BYD-Auto-sets-production-and-sales-plans-for-2009.html

·
Registered
249 Posts
its looks really ugly, they need to change the headlights and stop using those mercedes and geely type lights

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Re: Byd S3

Hello Mememe,
two pictures of a BYD S3 were found in a BYD brochure at the last Beijing Auto Show.
Surprisingly the second picture is a copy of a picture from a Toyota brochure, showing the present Toyota RAV4.
So (after the F0= Aygo, F3=Corolla) keep your fingers crossed and hope they will be wiser!
Here the two BYD pictures and the original Toyota photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
By phone:

Hello.

Mr. Buffett, this is dragin. I understand that BYD feels under pressure to launch an SUV. And it plans to launch a copy of the RAV 4, called the S3.

Yes.

Well, please do me a favor and tell BYD management that if they insist on releasing such a blatant copy, they will reduce their credibility as a global automaker more than one hundredfold.

Have a nice day.....

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Byd S3

erik (laofan) said:
Hello Mememe,
two pictures of a BYD S3 were found in a BYD brochure at the last Beijing Auto Show.
Surprisingly the second picture is a copy of a picture from a Toyota brochure, showing the present Toyota RAV4.
So (after the F0= Aygo, F3=Corolla) keep your fingers crossed and hope they will be wiser!
Here the two BYD pictures and the original Toyota photo.
hahaha , thanks eric

BYD should have been BYC (build your clones)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Their BYD e6 electric concept seems to be a step in the right direction though. I hope with the endorsement with that billionnaire man, BYD will get their act together. But I have to admit that their F0 (or Aygo) is a rather successful feat for them, put BYD among the top 10 vendor in China as of October (for the first time in monthly sale)

Other Chinese makers like GWM just does not seem to learn at all, with the Florid, Cool Bear.

·
Registered
117 Posts
martin_krpan said:
I don't think BYD will dare to present such a blatant copy of yet another Toyota after all the problems Chinese have had with their clones in Europe.
Really? ;) I'm not so sure. Another chinese copy of Toyota Rav has the incredible advantage to have a lot of parts ready now...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The chinese internet people are funny, they photoshop pictures and put on logo of domestic makers and spread them, then international viewers take it seriously and think "WOW !!! Those Chinese are at it again.....F*** them !!!"

They honestly just don't think. and sometimes they get angry and wonder why people spew out vitriol about chinese.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts