China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts

the bloke sitting in the car is an imbecile, he should be running away from such a ugly merchandise. typical ripp off by people who have no imagination:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
BYD F8 Convertible - Poor public response

It's the BYD F8, a convertible with fully-automated stowable hard-top. It has been tentatively priced at 200,000RMB, which converts to too much in any other currency.

I thought I'd include with this post a few comments made by Chinese car enthusiasts on the Autohome website.
I have been selective about the comments, but the general reaction to this car is very negative. It makes for an amusing read, too!

我看看那个沙比会买20万元的垃圾
I'd like to see which moron would pay 200,000 RMB for this rubbish.
比亚迪还没学会造好车,先学会抢钱了!
BYD still don't know how to make cars, only how to rob people!
其实还是不错的.我会考虑开一辆,如果送给我的话.
Actually it's not bad. I'd consider driving one, if one was given to me.
比亚迪 一个小偷公司。。。。。标志偷别人。。。外形偷别人 。F3的质量用过都知道。。。一个字修!
BYD - a thieving company... the badge is stolen... the shape is stolen. I know all about the F3's quality... one word: repair!
垃圾车垃圾价垃圾人买垃圾车.
Rubbish car, rubbish price, rubbish people buy this rubbish car!
一个F3就已经让我受不了了,后面又来个F3R,我昏了。再然后又来个F6,我吐了。现在来个F8,我死的心都有了。
I couldn't stand the F3, then the F3R came and made me feel queasy. Then the F6 came and I was sick. Now there's the F8, and I want to die.
OMG! WTF?
(no translation required)

·
Registered
507 Posts
All those comments are exactly what I wanted to say.

I hope someone from that crappy company is reading what people say about them.

STOP copying the styling of other car companies!!! It's shameful and downright stupid. NO ONE wants to drive a copied car! It's NOT THAT HARD to come up with an unique and appealing design.

Change the front end of the car, along with the symbol, and drop the price to $15K USD loaded, then we've got something here...

·
Registered
481 Posts
even simpler .. new headlights / new thicker backlights ... a RIGHT color ... even at that price ... some ppl might get it for uniquness ... but owning a 200,000 rmb replica !!! I would get the Renault Megance CC itself .

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you are know what Chinese auto BBS looks like, all these comments are normal for all cars. basically just competitors trash each other.

why don't you translate some comments about Japanese car in Chinese BBS?
you are selectively translate to make your own point, not the point of Chinese market.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Copied, yes. But for a Chinese car it's good looking and 20.000 ain't that much for a real Mercedes. I've seen Chinese people driving their Landwind/Zhongxin Toyota rip-off's, and they actually put 'real' Toyota badges on it so their friends think they are rich. No doubt that this will happen with this car as well, big Benz badges.

www.thetycho.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes it looks like a Mercedes from the front, but for under $30k its pretty good value. It looks pretty decent too and the rear-end treatment looks classy.:)

·
Administrator
18,117 Posts
Article about F8 from China Car Times:

It seems BYD are getting the F8 ready for a production run - greater details about the F8 have been released about what the F8 can do. The F8 measures (LxWxH) 4490mm x 1780mm x 1405mm, it weighs in at a portly 1525kg, its 2 door, and it sits 4.

The engine - the engine is a 2.0l BIVT engine with a top speed of 180kph, it aint the fastest car in the world, with it needing a leisurely 14 seconds to reach 100kph from standing, it has the option of automatic, if you need it. It comes in three options levels, basic, standard, and luxury.

On the safety side of things, the BYD F8 has most safety features that are found on other cars, twin airbags, 4 side impact airbags, ABS, EBD, anti theft alarm, remote central locking, reverse central locking etc etc etc.

Want one? We’re told the luxury F8 will cost ‘less than 200,000rmb’

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: Byd F8

Beijing Auto Show 2008 LIVE: BYD comes with Keyless Entry Wristwatch

230408, Beijing Autoshow. An honestly great invention of BYD Automotive: a Keyless Entry Wristwatch. This exclusive piece of brilliant engineering is only available for the BYD F8.

I found out about this thing after I started reading the tons of brochures I got from 3 days running around at the show. The watch can do anything a normal ketless entry card can do: keyless entry and keyless startup.

The watch is kinetic so here is no risk you can't enter your car because it is out of battery, and a long as you wear it you won't easily lose it.

http://thetycho.com/news_byd10.htm

·
Registered
28 Posts

One thing instantly comes to mind here. We have two people who think the front resembles two completely different manufacturers vehicles. So i guess we now start criticizing MB and Renault for copying each other. I can certainly see the influences of both but really isnt car design becoming less dramatically different. new regulations regarding pedestrian safety is going to dictate what is possible in the future. As long as the car has a big badge that shows it is not a MB or a renault then I dont care that much especially as BYD have a new badge
I dont know why we go on so much about copies. It is perfectly legal to buy a print copy of a rembrandt isnt it -as long as you are not trying to pass it off as a genuine one. i have a toaster and it looks like most other toasters -so what. I just did some inspection on some new rangehoods and guess what -they look similar to other ones -not the same mind you but not all that different. To continue in the same vane I am listening to an FM radio via the internet from Australia and I am listening to an American woman singing a song that doesnt just sample Stevie Wonders "Something supersticious" it uses the the main riff and most of the rhythm. Are we going to far goin our criticism of chinese copying when all countries are doing it.
)please excuse any bad spelling -my keyboard is not working well)
Also shouldnt the new badge be on the forum rather than the old one.

·
Registered
11 Posts

If I had money I would buy it .
I like strange cars .
And this fit me in every ways like no many cars produced now .

21 - 40 of 62 Posts